Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 12:24 PM

Storm Frank!

Last night I thought we had had the brunt of Storm Frank and made a premature comment to a friend that it wasn't too bad. This morning I've changed my mind. It has passed through here now and there is massive flooding in many areas and a lot of wind damage.
Good luck to all those in its path!
On the bright side, we have lovely sunshine now, not seen for weeks.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 12:31 PM

Re: Storm Frank!

We heard that storm Frank was heading your way overnight Orangutan, hope there is not too much damage. It is then heading back to Yorkshire for more floods. It is so heartbreaking.

We had major gales last night, we have only just had the fencing on one side of the garden put back after the last lot of gales.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 12:52 PM

FRANK has been behaving quite badly here today.

Next door's fence is flopping about and my washing pole cover has split.
Apart from that, everything looks OK ... phew

Decided not to venture out and have ordered stuff from the supermarket instead.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 12:57 PM

Good move, Rachel. It could get worse yet...
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Good move, Rachel. It could get worse yet...
The wind here has settled down pretty well and thank goodness I had my climbing rose pruned drastically a few weeks ago

That could have presented a major problem

How's it going in Ireland ?
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 02:50 PM

It was a lovely day here yesterday. It was windy overnight and some light rain this morning. Otherwise not too bad. However 50 miles away, the Dee valley where I often go with the van, is experiencing bad flooding.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

30-12-2015, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
The wind here has settled down pretty well and thank goodness I had my climbing rose pruned drastically a few weeks ago

That could have presented a major problem

How's it going in Ireland ?
Delightfully calm at the moment, but another storm expected soon Parts of the county I live in have been the worst hit, and there are numerous road and bridge closures. The town of Bandon has been badly flooded for the third time this month, and a friend who lives not far from there says her house was saved by the fire brigade constantly pumping water. They must have done a good job, as they managed to save all but one house in that road from flooding.

Just been back to check on my old house (it was still raining lightly there, but sunny at my new place ), which is in a very exposed position, and delighted to say it is in one piece. I think the architect who built it did a good job of making it resilient!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 03:52 PM

We have had lots of local flooding on roads around here, some were closed for a time too, but the rain has eased off & the wind isn't as srong, though it is still raining.
I don't think we've had a dry day for weeks.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 03:54 PM

Well I'm in the centre of it here in rural Lancashire, but luckily we are on high ground and although the surrounding area is sodden we have had no problems so far.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 03:56 PM

Very nasty torrential rain and strong winds here in the Land of the Swamp People! Somerset. Neighbour's six foot fence panels are down.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top