Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
donnamarie
RI, USA
donnamarie is female 

02-12-2014, 09:33 PM

Re: Work

I'm 57 and work part-time but need to work full-time. So I'm taking another part-time job to add up to full-time hours. Maybe most of our members are retired?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by donnamarie ->
I'm 57 and work part-time but need to work full-time. So I'm taking another part-time job to add up to full-time hours. Maybe most of our members are retired?
Hello Donna, yes a fair percentage of members are retired, and loving it too. I think the rest are looking forward to retiring themselves, it's nice to be able to spend the rest of your time as your own I think.
I wish you all the best in the second job.
donnamarie
RI, USA
donnamarie is female 

04-12-2014, 10:06 PM

Thank-you, Jem for those kind words.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2014, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Work is hard, like watching the kettle boil- organising the day over a cup of coffee- watching the news on TV, as for exercise that involves keeping out of Sue's way as much as possible. Woe betide me when she has the vacuum cleaner out, there is no where to hide.

Work? having people tell you what to do and not to do, no way that hasn't happened since 1993, own business with Sue was the best move ever.
Who has the controlling interest.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 03:01 AM

Arrbut....I don't consider it 'work' per-se,y'see.
I mean,yes it's my job...but I go pootling around the continent in a massive,well appointed truck,yattering on the CB in whatever the local lingo happens to be,seeing sights I'd NEVER otherwise see-and all the while,I'm 'an ambassador for the UK'.
[perhaps that's why them for-nurz hate us...it's all MY fault]...oops...
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by donnamarie ->
Its down to finances in the end donnamarie. Hope you enjoy your part time job. I work 30 hours a week and couldn't afford any less. I could do with full time, but trying hard not to have to.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I wake up each morning thanking heaven I never have to work again my days are all mine..
Me too.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 02:45 PM

I worked until I was a couple of months over 68 years old and started at the age of 15. With only a couple of weeks out of work (buying own business) apart from illness I think I have done my fair share and now want to enjoy retirement without some clueless university geek telling me what to do.
SnazDax
Berkshire U.K.
SnazDax is male  SnazDax has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 08:28 PM

Why Oh why, after fighting hard over many years to gain fair labour laws do we watch 'The apprentice' just to hear the 'Demi-god' say 'Your Fired'.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 09:01 PM

Oh,HIM. Mr 'I bought myself a title,now lick my shoes'.
WHATTA knob...he was the most arrogant b#st#rd you could ever wish never to meet,when he had his place at Ridley Road in Sarfend. Still amazes me that he's so arrogant he thinks he can 'fire' people who do NOT work for him. BUT-yer akshal Pug is one of the lucky ones. I met him when he was just a money-hungry nobody desperate for status and disliked him on the spot....so I've never watched that Apprentice thing.

[ooooh-I can be SUCH a b*tch]

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top