Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
SnazDax
Berkshire U.K.
SnazDax is male  SnazDax has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 09:25 PM

Re: Work

I expect that he has made more from the T.V. shows than he has ever made from his business conquests. I think in the industrial/business world he is but a minnow in the vast sea of success but as a t.v. personality (if you will) that has been his making. So, is the formula based on... that we want to see these jumped up/head up there own anal cavity/scheme artists brought down a peg or two?
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 10:04 PM

S'true,Snaz-and valid.
BUT-money comes in,money leaves.
Money has no friends-it's just passing through,so don't form an attachment.
Whereas,to my somewhat old-school way of thinking,integrity is the measure of a man,NOT the depth of his pockets. [this includes you man-ettes,obvo]
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2014, 12:19 AM

Work? work? work is the curse of the drinking classes.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2014, 01:02 AM

Arbutt....my drink of choice is espresso...and I can make that in the cab,y'see....
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2014, 12:03 PM

I work on computers annat - servers etc but at this moment in time I'm working very hard at leveling my Thane in DAOC; he is level 45 at the moment .

Warlord Frank

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2014, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by SnazDax ->
I expect that he has made more from the T.V. shows than he has ever made from his business conquests. I think in the industrial/business world he is but a minnow in the vast sea of success but as a t.v. personality (if you will) that has been his making. So, is the formula based on... that we want to see these jumped up/head up there own anal cavity/scheme artists brought down a peg or two?
Some people love him and keep watching him so as long as that continues we're stuck with him I'm afraid. I can't stand the man, his arrogance is beyond belief. I would love to see him doing a hard weeks manual work and at the end of it (If he's still alive) say "Well done you're hired", now that would make good television.
donnamarie
RI, USA
donnamarie is female 

11-12-2014, 03:19 AM

I'd like to see him do my job! Its not rocket science, but its fast paced and potentially dangerous. I spend most of my working hours in a kitchen. I could get cut, burnt, or slip and fall. Here's an idea; lets take these bigshots and give them a week an an ordinary job like a garbage man, lol.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

11-12-2014, 04:01 PM

Well HIM,I'd like to see as a loader on a dustcart for ONE winter month.
I drove dustcarts for several years,until they lost the contract.
I used to get Daphne [the dustcart] through gaps thay BICYCLES couldn't get through.
Wading through icy puddles with frozen hands gripping 5/6 bags each.
Pouring rain,snow,ice,we were out there doing it.
Funnily though-as we were a really tight-knit crew,we spent all day deriding/taking the p*ss/joking-and it didn't seem like 'work' per-se.

I may still return to my old job,[PLEASE,God],as my old company has regained the contract for 7 years and has been in touch...watch this space.

But as for making BIG money-it requires,lies,b*llshit and deceipt.
Plus the stress of KNOWING you're in competition.
Nah....I'm 'small potatoes' and happy that way.

There's a very old,very wise saying,that I just made up:
"A ladder can't exist without the bottom rung"
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2014, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
There's a very old,very wise saying,that I just made up:
"A ladder can't exist without the bottom rung"
That is a very true and often forgotten truth.
donnamarie
RI, USA
donnamarie is female 

11-12-2014, 09:14 PM

"A ladder can't exist without the bottom rung". Exactly, its the average working man or woman that keep things moving.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top