Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 12:44 PM

Re: Church Attendance

Now that is strange. My mother used to make me go to the synagogue 3 times a week for the classes and on Saturday. She also said it was to see God. The strange part is, I never did see him/her.
Maybe he/her was in the church, or gone for lunch????
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 01:09 PM

I think the OP was in a much better position to judge why the ladies lips tightened, than us, and that is why she added "with disapproval". I wasn't assuming anything I was reacting to the comments, which I believed were true, in the OP!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
True .. logic has no place in the realm of the religious..
One reason I tend to avoid it!
I don't quite uderstand you are you avoiding logic or religion??
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
No point in discussing religion, unless you enjoy banging your head in a brick wall.
the brick walls at lourdes can produce miracles!!!
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 02:24 PM

deylon' just read ur post -goodness so very rude ignorant as well ---
how dare she like you said presume 'iam very much like u 'i dont go to church but i do believe in god 'it doesn't make u a better person coz u go every sunday ...sometimes people who are very religous can get bogged down -there way or no way ...........
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 02:41 PM

Here is God or one of them.
Yes I am being sadistic.
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/201...ng+Humanity%29
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 03:35 PM

Why does people visit someone in hospital who they only know through church? Well mainly it's because the ill person is old and without family or near friends. However we have this thread trashing a old ill lady who irked a total stranger who came to her bedside unannounced with a gobby 'friend' from her church. I know I'd have tightened my lip if a total stranger had appeared near my bed.
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 07:50 PM

I am a Christian and go to church every Sunday, but I do so because I want to. If you believe in God then you are a Christian, regardless of your Church attendance.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 07:53 PM

Interesting comments here. I do believe in an after life ,and we will be judged by what we have done here, but I dot believe that you have to go to Church or prove your religion to anyone.I believe the Bible is a history book, we can learn some things from it ,but not to rule our lives. I wont be visiting this woman again ,Ive only met her a couple of times.I went for company for my friend. No the woman was not in pain ,she was laughing and chatting all the time ,and her problem was not a serious one,she took herself to Hospital the night before because she was worried over some symptoms she had, but they werent considered a problem by Hospital and she was only there for observation,probably home by now. Her own religion is Pentecostal, whom ,I believe , are very religious, she only goes to my friends Church because she is living near it and we dont have a Pentecostal one near us
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 08:19 PM

The reason ,Gabi that someone visits a person in Hospital is because they feel sorry for them, stuck in there nothing to do ,no where to go, perhaps take in some needy/welcome items. This particular woman is not old, she is a mature student from Nigeria, As she has no family here people from her Church were arrangeing to visit her and see if she needed anything, my friend was one of them and asked me to go with her for company. As this woman often comes to the coffee morning ,which I attend, she does know me, it was only my none show of religion she didnt like . But today she came to coffee morning , having been sent home Sunday, and she thanked me for going to see her in Hospital

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top