Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2015, 08:52 PM

Re: Church Attendance

Originally Posted by deylon ->
I go to two social meetings run by Churches,in their church halls No one asks questions on what religion/race you are, all are warmly welcomed, there is no religion involved ,only tea/ coffee and chat,If anyone is upset /ill or in trouble someone will try to help That is my idea of 'Christianity '
Mine too Deylon.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
I go to two social meetings run by Churches,in their church halls No one asks questions on what religion/race you are, all are warmly welcomed, there is no religion involved ,only tea/ coffee and chat,If anyone is upset /ill or in trouble someone will try to help That is my idea of 'Christianity '
I think you mean it's the church going people who run the social meetings in their church halls who are showing what Christianity is.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 08:32 PM

No Gabi, its the Church people who run these meetings but they are also attended by people from other Churches,or ,like me, no Church Someone will mention at one meeting about a meeting at another venue,which will then be visited by some members of the first group, so this then ends up with the same members at each meeting
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 09:06 PM

Whatever are you talking about? I said the church going people run these meeting in my post then you say. no Gabi it's the church people who run meetings whatever meetings you go to in church halls it's the church goers who organise them and they always welcome everyone whoever you are.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2015, 10:39 AM

Church going people are very confused people.
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales
BDR44 is male  BDR44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2015, 03:38 PM

I am not in the least confused I have lived long and found nothing better in secular behaviour or philosophies...supporting the absolute negative has never struck me as either wise or inevitable.
Heatherbelle
Canada
Heatherbelle is female  Heatherbelle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2015, 05:46 PM

Coming back to the Original Post, I see the reasoning for the annoyance. People who do not attend or believe in any particular religion are not second class citizens although they are often made to feel that way. The fact that you took the time to visit her should have spoken volumes to her – she should have realized you took the time and trouble out of your day to visit HER. Yes, some religious people are narrow minded and only see the fact that they are the ones who will receive redemption, when, in fact, there are many religious and sects that are relentlessly working toward easing human suffering, no matter what religion an afflicted person may be. There are also many dedicated religious people who do allow their visions to be clouded.

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top