Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 09:41 PM

Are children just boisterous or have they got a problem?

It appears that some children who misbehave seem to have some sort of illness.
I often wonder if they just need checking instead of dosing them up with pills.

One in my family says her little boy has ADHD. He seemed absolutely fine just a boisterous child. Now he is being dosed up with tablets that make him very quiet.
So many I know about, that this is happening to them.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 09:55 PM

Re: Are children just boisterous or have they got a problem?

They found in schools a huge difference in behaviour with a change of diet.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 09:57 PM

Diet and lack of going outside getting some exercise, also many are in families where all adults work and just don't have time to discipline them properly.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 10:20 PM

adhd has to be checked with intake of certain foods =mostly the ees are causing it '
like flavours on crisps are a danger to them , hospital dietry plan has to be followed my granson has it 'but he seems far better as he grows up but sweets make him restless ... plus foods have to be watched ......
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 10:45 PM

It does appear to me that parents seem to find it hard to discipline their children these days. Probably frightened what others would think of them.
Stopping them from doing their favourite games for a couple of days or banning them from watching T.V for a while to me is one of the best punishments going.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by maursey ->
It does appear to me that parents seem to find it hard to discipline their children these days. Probably frightened what others would think of them.
Stopping them from doing their favourite games for a couple of days or banning them from watching T.V for a while to me is one of the best punishments going.
I sometimes wonder if it is less embarrassing to say the child has an illness, rather than they are difficult to control. Many parents hear about an illness, that fits their child's behavior, so assume they have it without getting proper diagnosis and use it as an excuse when people ask.
I think the post by Julie1962 could offer a better cure than drugs.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 11:27 PM

I think some parents also need parenting classes and have their own phones taken away, number of kids misbehaving I see while their parent are texting etc completely ignoring quite small children.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 11:29 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if it was due to the crap food they are producing today Maursey, you are what you eat I suppose, but they seem to have a medical name for everything a child does these days and a pill to go with it, years ago the parents were stricter and if they couldn't handle the situation then they sought medical advice.
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 11:33 PM

Its too easy to take the child to the doctors and get them filled full of tablets. Like has already been said, give them good food and somewhere to run their energy off.
Its strange as a friend and myself were talking today about how many young mothers now just don't know how to cook, so have to buy ready made meals.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 11:45 PM

Re my post2 I'm trying to remember...I believe it was around the time of the Jamie Oliver school meals improvement that there was a proven link between healthy food and improved concentration span etc.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top