Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 09:42 AM

What makes a Lady ?

Opinions please.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 09:46 AM

Re: What makes a Lady ?

A title???
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 09:50 AM

For me it would be good appearance and good manners and a good listener
Never loud, that's important - you can't be ladylike if you're LOUD !
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 09:51 AM

This reminded me of someone famous saying.....That's no lady, that's my wife!

To me, a lady, has nice manners, presents herself nicely., speaks nicely, no swearing!! Is etiquettely correct and usually looks very elegant.
This is probably an old fashioned view and that a modern 'lady' is much different.
Oh, and she doesn't drink beer out of a pint glass!!
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 09:53 AM

Someone like Catherine Middleton who has fitted beautifully into the Royal Family. She is well-groomed, wears classically designed clothes and has no need to try to look like a so called 'celeb' or as if she has just left the stables. Her hair is shiny and looks lovely styled either up or down; when she speaks to people you get the sense that she is really listening. She is gracious and an asset to this country. But a lady doesn't have to be titled: she can be poor and not particularly well groomed but if she's kind to others and considerate of others' needs then she is a lady.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 09:56 AM

For me a lady can be a down and out . And those who believe they are a Lady are often just deluded old wind-bags living a life so false. Forums are full of them.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
This reminded me of someone famous saying.....That's no lady, that's my wife!

To me, a lady, has nice manners, presents herself nicely., speaks nicely, no swearing!! Is etiquettely correct and usually looks very elegant.
This is probably an old fashioned view and that a modern 'lady' is much different.
Oh, and she doesn't drink beer out of a pint glass!!
BIB - Ooo no - nothing to do with etiquette its just having style, knowing what suits you and generally being a nice person
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 10:01 AM

I agree with that countrygirl. She is lovely. The Royal Family are
lucky to have her as the future Queen and I think that 99% of
the Country will agree to that.

My Mam was a 'lady' like person. She was feminine without putting
on any airs and graces as they say. She didn't swear didn't smoke
and had a gill of beer at the pub

I don't think I am a lady as such. I speak my mind too much
and could knock a man out with one smile. That's all they get
from me.

I am a Mother, Grandma and Sister, and a really good Friend and
that's what I like about myself. The Lady bit doesn't bother me
one iota.
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 10:01 AM

I agree with the statement that a lady can be a down and out. You don't have to be dressed in designer fashions and use etiquette. Someone who has integrity and kindness in her actions and speech.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 10:03 AM

To me a lady is someone of the female gender who knows how to respectably conduct herself in any circumstance.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top