Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
JainieB
Hampshire UK
JainieB is female  JainieB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2015, 10:51 AM

Re: Doesn't time fly

I can't believe it's Saturday already either, and that October has simply flown by, but it does seem the older we get it the faster the time goes.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2015, 11:01 AM

So much to do and so little time to do it in
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2015, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by countrygirl ->
I read recently that time appears to go faster when we're older because we do fewer things that are interesting enough to make memories of. We should fill it with new experiences rather than sit watching T.V or reading apparently.
I was told something similar on a 'Time management' course at work. We were also told that it was important to keep busy in retirement otherwise you can literally "die of boredom".
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2015, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I'm convinced there are a couple of days in the year when time slows down
I won't be told otherwise - convinced I am ................

Well let me know when they are Patsy, so I can plan a couple of more leisurely days then.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2015, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Moyra ->
It scares the hell of out me how quickly the months are speeding by and there is nothing we can do to slow it down..........why does it seem to go so fast now to when we were young?

Yes, that's just it Moyra. The way it is speeding now, I will be using up the last of my breath allowance before I'm ready!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

31-10-2015, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Marion ->
I used to think it was only as got older that we began to think how time flies by, but even my daughters are saying the same now.

Aha, then it must be true then.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2015, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well let me know when they are Patsy, so I can plan a couple of more leisurely days then.
I am going to make a note of them days on the calendar - its only 2 days of the year but very noticeable
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2015, 02:20 PM

I'm convinced there are a couple of days in the year when time slows down
I won't be told otherwise - convinced I am ................
Do tell us Patsy, so we can relish the dates when they arrive, are they together or singular?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2015, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Moyra ->
Do tell us Patsy, so we can relish the dates when they arrive, are they together or singular?
Singular - one was around 10- 14 days ago
Definitely going to make a note next time - then see if anyone else noticed it
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

31-10-2015, 11:46 PM

Singular - one was around 10- 14 days ago
Definitely going to make a note next time - then see if anyone else noticed it :-p

Ooh yes, don't forget will you.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top