Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2015, 01:56 PM

Re: Loneliness

Originally Posted by susan m ->

Take one hour at a time , live just in today , yesterday is history tomorrow is a mystery today is a gift that's why it's called the present x
What wonderful words, fortunately I still have my husband but if I ever end up on my own, I hope I remember these wise words.
crestie
New Member!
Manchester
crestie is female 

01-11-2015, 01:57 PM

thank you so much. i was so sure i would get it wrong
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2015, 05:25 PM

Do you have a hobby to keep your mind occupied ?One friend makes cards and jewelry, money goes to charity, others I know knit/crochet blankets/ baby clothes for hospitals. Its 20 years since my husband died, I do get very lonely,and have the tele on most of the time as a background noise. If I feel blue /bored I walk out in the garden, cut back some plants, Clean out a cupboard,do a bit of washing,anything to fill my mind.I talk to the cat when she's around. I ring a friend ,not to discuss my problems,but chat about weather /current affairs,maybe arrange to go out with them one day I am lucky to have a son living at home, but he spends most of his time up in his room He has health problems and can be very ' moody' so I do not see or bother him unless really important.Like most older people I do worry about what would happen if I can no longer get around /do things for myself
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2015, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
12 years ago I moved into my little house after a traumatic divorce . I cried a river , I struggled to get through the weekends alone , I worked two jobs to keep myself going. I drank too much wine , smoked too many ciggys , I never ever thought I would be happy alone , it's taken a long time but I seem to have grown into me . I can get restless but I don't feel lonely , it sort of just came about .

Take one hour at a time , live just in today , yesterday is history tomorrow is a mystery today is a gift that's why it's called the present x
I love that quote. Totally inspiring.
crestie
New Member!
Manchester
crestie is female 

01-11-2015, 05:48 PM

hi i have been a widow for almost thirty years. i have dogs.I show them. two allotments which in two or three years i will have to give up (too old)no children. I had my mum untill two years ago .I am still not sure i am handling this forum as i should between you and me i dont understand some of it lol
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by crestie ->
hi i have been a widow for almost thirty years. i have dogs.I show them. two allotments which in two or three years i will have to give up (too old)no children. I had my mum untill two years ago .I am still not sure i am handling this forum as i should between you and me i dont understand some of it lol
Same here with the forum but I'm going to stick with it. We recently moved to a smaller property in a very quiet place; my husband became ill and now I find myself missing friends and quite lonely. We have a dog who we love - he is my best friend! I miss my old village. I miss the way it seemed to enfold everyone and take care of them; I even miss the busybodies who used to annoy me. I also miss the little clubs and societies that I used to go to. Life has changed.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 09:49 AM

As already said ,take it one day at a time,do the things around the house You've been putting off,change the décor,cleanout drawers/cupboards,get rid of all those old clothes in the wardrobe and buy Yourselves new ones,get Yer hair done in a more modern style,be determined to be positive,but have a good cry when You feel like it....and of course start posting on here every day,get to know Us and Our style..give Us All a good piece of Your mind and a bit of Your banter..learn how to put on Photo's (I still haven't) :~)...and remember...this is the first day of the rest of Your Life...xx
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by crestie ->
I can top that Bridget I will have been a widow for 31 years in December.

When my son left home home for Uni about 18 years ago, I knew the basics of a computer and he suggested while he was away I used his old computer and joined some web sites for people with similar interests . I was very hesitant at first but went ahead and it proved to be a wise decision .

I have met many lovely people on websites like this one over the years, it gave me the ability to chat to people without leaving the house.

There is not a lot to understand, just reply to posts and start your own threads, if you get into difficulty's contact one of the Moderators Mags or Meg we are here to help you
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 12:03 PM

I don't get lonely so much at home, too busy with hobbies, but sometimes at night I could do with a warm body to cuddle up to. However I do feel lonely if I'm out where people are in couples or groups of couples.
I ended up sitting on my own the other evening as my daughter and friend had gone off at the party we attended. A nice man asked me to join his family and some others at a table but, I didn't feel comfortable even though I knew them all.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
. However I do feel lonely if I'm out where people are in couples or groups of couples.
I ended up sitting on my own the other evening as my daughter and friend had gone off at the party we attended. A nice man asked me to join his family and some others at a table but, I didn't feel comfortable even though I knew them all.
I think many of us can identify with that Tessa,the single 'sticks out like a sore thumb' person at the party .

I used to get infuriated when people told me I shouldn't be on my own and tried to pair me up with people, I know they meant well but they couldn't grasp I preferred to be on my own than foisted on people I didn't know .

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top