Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 06:55 AM

Why is covid killing people of colour

This was on BBC1 last night.
It was extremely well presented by David Harewood and was disturbing in the things that it uncovered.
It is certainly is worth watching on catch up or iPlayer.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 11:47 AM

Re: Why is covid killing people of colour

I watched it and yes ,very disturbing facts revealed .
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 03:05 PM

Now how did I know, long before I watched the program, that racism was behind the vast majority of Covid deaths.

There are a lot of reasons why the BAME community is suffering more in this pandemic and one of the major reasons is genetics. It's not all about racism.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
Now how did I know, long before I watched the program, that racism was behind the vast majority of Covid deaths.

There are a lot of reasons why the BAME community is suffering more in this pandemic and one of the major reasons is genetics. It's not all about racism.

I would also imagine two other reasons contribute to more deaths too -

1) Many live in much closer to each other than we do, as when several generations living in one property for example.

2. From what I have read, many are refusing the vaccine too.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

1) Many live in much closer to each other than we do, as when several generations living in one property for example.

That's the way I see it too.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Yes, that's a widely held view, especially in the Birmingham area as the Midlands News programmes keep telling us so.

Latest conspiracy theory I've heard is, if a person of South Asia is vaccinated, he or she will die within a year because of the vaccine.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->

That's exactly why I didn't bother watching the programme. Somehow we knew what it would be about, otherwise the programme would have been called 'Why is Covid killing people' with no mention of 'colour'.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's exactly why I didn't bother watching the programme. Somehow we knew what it would be about, otherwise the programme would have been called 'Why is Covid killing people' with no mention of 'colour'.

I agree.

It is perhaps too much to hope, that one day some foreign people will understand it is THEM themselves who are causing so much friction and bitterness with the white people.
Sorry, but that's how I feel.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

It was a really excellent documentary explaining the various factors that make up the reasons why people of colour a4e more likely to die of covid . David Harewood himself said he was ashamed to reach 55 years of age and being black himself without knowing many of these factors .
It was very sympathetically presented there was no real blame just a statement of why people of colour in the U.K. are more likely to die .
It was quite horrendous in some cases the way people of colour have been treated . It was eye opening with lots I didn’t know .
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 07:33 PM

I can not speak about people in other areas BUT here in Mexico there are lots and lots of blacks from the Caribbean islands piled up waiting their chance to get into America and they are quite lax on wearing masks. Those who do wear masks, often wear it covering ONLY their mouths. How incredibly stupid is that ? Additionally, I see groups of them standing around chatting and almost no one is wearing any mask. Good grief, don't they watch the news ? Or, don't they care.
When I go grocery shopping, I need to be especially watchful, as blacks DO NOT MAKE ANY ATTEMPT AT MAINTAINING SOCIAL DISTANCE. If they are dying at a greater rate, they have only themselves to blame.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top