Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 02:34 PM

The Terror BBC 9pm

Starting tonight, The Terror centres on a doomed Royal Navy expedition to the Arctic, which departed from England in 1845 and never returned.

I'm hoping this will be good as it stars a few of my favourite actors, Jared Harris, Ciarán Hinds and Tobias Menzies.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2708480/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 02:48 PM

Re: The Terror BBC 9pm

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Starting tonight, The Terror centres on a doomed Royal Navy expedition to the Arctic, which departed from England in 1845 and never returned.

I'm hoping this will be good as it stars a few of my favourite actors, Jared Harris, Ciarán Hinds and Tobias Menzies.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2708480/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
In 1847-8, the crew of a real life Royal Naval expedition (later known as Franklin's expedition) led by three captains, Sir John Franklin, Francis Crozier and James Fitzjames, is sent to find the Arctic's fabled treacherous Northwest Passage but instead discovers a monstrous polar bear-like predator, a cunning and vicious Gothic horror that stalks the ships in a desperate game of survival. However, it soon becomes clear that that's just the beginning of their troubles. As things worsen and civilized behavior disintegrates in favor of survival at any cost, the crew must simultaneously battle the elements, the supernatural and eventually - themselves. The captains' only ally in all of this becomes a mute Inuit woman, who lives as an outcast from her tribe but still follows their old animistic religion.
Not a documentary, then ..... so I'll give it a miss .....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 06:38 PM

Sounds good LD 👍
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 08:16 PM

I’ve read all about it ,the expedition ,in RT .Don’t know if I’m up to all those episodes but I’ll have a look at the first .
Ciaran Hinds is a favourite of mine too but I won’t watch just because he’s in it .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Not a documentary, then ..... so I'll give it a miss .....
No, however, I do re all watching a documentary about it a while ago.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

04-03-2021, 11:28 AM

A slow burner but watchable, probably because the acting is so good. It's on iplayer if anyone is interested.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 11:47 PM

It’s blooming horrific I haven’t been able to fall asleep on the sofa for sheer terror .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

05-03-2021, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It’s blooming horrific I haven’t been able to fall asleep on the sofa for sheer terror .
Very dark isn't it. Literally.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 12:40 PM

I watched the first series and wasn't impressed enough to get past episode three.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 01:15 PM

I watched it until the boy regurgitated a liquid and was on the bed and begging the Doctor not to do something.

He was a nice kid and I’d like to know what happened to him but l don’t want to ruin it for others.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top