Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 09:15 AM

Dog owners scared

https://metro.co.uk/2021/03/14/dog-o...ents-container

Dog owners say they are too scared to walk their pets alone amid a 170% surge in dognapping over the last year.

Sussex Police and Crime Commissioner Katy Bourne organised a survey to gauge public opinion.

At present, dog theft is not defined as a specific crime, with dogs classed as ‘property’ under the Theft Act 1968.

Do not see many around here walking on their own any more, not sure if this is the reason or just want company.

A few who would put up a fight for sure to protect their pet.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 09:18 AM

Re: Dog owners scared

I live in a small village where there are loads of dog owners .
Many never seem to allow the poor animals off the lead .
Mostly because they are aggressive and want to fight other dogs .we have not had any dog napping yet but I no longer tie my dog up outside a shop .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
https://metro.co.uk/2021/03/14/dog-o...ents-container

Do not see many around here walking on their own any more, not sure if this is the reason or just want company.

A few who would put up a fight for sure to protect their pet.
Thieves don’t pick on 22 year old six foot rugby players and their dogs they choose women children or the elderly .
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 09:40 AM

Never been a dog owner in the UK but if I was there with my best buddy, Tex and somebody tried to take him from me I think between the two of us we could take care of the situation. And even if we didn't prevail my god they would sustain some damage that they wouldn't get over in a hurry. I know Tex would die protecting me so I am prepared to do the same for him. There would be bits of dog napper from Brighton to Inverness..

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tex_2.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	14993  
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

15-03-2021, 09:50 AM

That is a cute dog Keezoy
Dog nappers are targeting certain breeds and they are not Rottweilers or Mallinois .
Spaniels and French bulldogs are popular as these fetch most money and are generally rather timid dogs ..
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Never been a dog owner in the UK but if I was there with my best buddy, Tex and somebody tried to take him from me I think between the two of us we could take care of the situation. And even if we didn't prevail my god they would sustain some damage that they wouldn't get over in a hurry. I know Tex would die protecting me so I am prepared to do the same for him. There would be bits of dog napper from Brighton to Inverness..

I believe you are serious and can see why.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 09:51 AM

A lot of warnings around this area of dogs being taken , people have posted about men watching them or approaching their dogs , whistling the dogs when off lead . A photo was snapped of a van after a lady alone walking in the woods saw two men whistling her dog off lead . Obviously police are aware . It's awful
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

15-03-2021, 09:53 AM

The police may be aware but dog stealing is not high on their priorities it is classed as ‘petty crime ‘ it is I understand dealt with by the council who basically can’t do anything .
In my country of wiltshire which is a very large country there are only two dog wardens .
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

15-03-2021, 09:58 AM

Policing Minister Kit Malthouse said: “Losing a much loved family pet can cause great distress and it’s a sad fact that criminals will seek to profit by this vile crime.

“We are taking action to cut crime by bolstering the police with 20,000 extra officers and our £20 million Safer Streets Fund will provide Police and Crime Commissioners with additional cash to spend on crimes such as theft.

“Pet theft is a criminal offence with a maximum penalty of seven years’ imprisonment and it must be confronted wherever it occurs.”

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....the-uk-3154877

https://www.doglost.co.uk
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

15-03-2021, 10:10 AM

Have you ever heard of anyone being convicted for dog theft ?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top