Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2021, 11:03 PM

Re: I had a little accident this morning... Ouch!

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Thanks for all your kind thoughts , I though everybody would have a laugh about me not being able to stay on my feet.... but maybe you have all forgotten about me breaking my right wrist a couple of years ago!

Pauline it isn't as bad as it sounds, so I think A&E would have sent me to the back of the queue!

Surfermom, It wasn't an instant fall, in fact I think I took 2 wobbly steps before I went down... but I was carrying 2 bags of shopping through a gateway so had no hands to save me from a fall.

My dentist once told me that I have a high pain threshold so it wasn't excruciating, but I think the blood from my nose is what made my sister panic. I put arnica cream on my bruised palm, as a member on here once suggested it was good and I am amazed at how effective it is!:-)

You're probably fed up with all the "Water it down" jokes Twink, so I'll say nowt except sorry you got hurt.

Yes, Arnica is well known for bruising Twink, even better if you could have taken some Arnica tablets internally as well.

I hope you get some sleep, and feel a bit better in the morning. Hope nothing's broken.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2021, 08:56 PM

Twink, I do hope that you feel better soon.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Twink, I do hope that you feel better soon.
I am much better already, thanks Minx, but it was very strange looking at my left palm when it was purple!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 01:51 PM

Twink, A purple palm?
Oooh, l hope it’s not a ‘Purple Monster’ hand!

Seriously, l hope you are feeling less shaken and not in pain.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 02:21 PM

Holding a raw potato to the bruise or making a grated potato poultice can help bruising.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Holding a raw potato to the bruise or making a grated potato poultice can help bruising.
Thanks Annie! I seem to bruise more easily theses days so, if I don't want to become permanently purple any advice is good!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 02:35 PM

How you doin' now Twinks?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

11-03-2021, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
How you doin' now Twinks?
I feel fine now Dongle & have also returned to being pink, rather than purple!
Just as well because my Lilac tree was blown to the floor last night & I had to get a young tree surgeon to cut and remove it. It is nice and quiet having no close neighbours, but I have to say that their houses and gardens do protect your trees from being blown over in gales!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I feel fine now Dongle & have also returned to being pink, rather than purple!
Just as well because my Lilac tree was blown to the floor last night & I had to get a young tree surgeon to cut and remove it. It is nice and quiet having no close neighbours, but I have to say that their houses and gardens do protect your trees from being blown over in gales!
Glad you are better now Twinkles but sorry to hear about your tree.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top