Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 07:34 AM

Youtube

Now most Televisions are interactive, how much actual Tele do you watch. I have found that watching Youtube for short periods on the PC is ok, but not comfortable, now its available on the big screen, I watch more Youtube content than actual Television programmes, last week I watched a two hour,50 minute drive from Aberystwyth to Kenilworth, so, will start uploading my dashcam.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 08:11 AM

Re: Youtube

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Now most Televisions are interactive, how much actual Tele do you watch. I have found that watching Youtube for short periods on the PC is ok, but not comfortable, now its available on the big screen, I watch more Youtube content than actual Television programmes, last week I watched a two hour,50 minute drive from Aberystwyth to Kenilworth, so, will start uploading my dashcam.
I too watch few free to air TV shows, The nightly 7pm news, a couple of Australian comedy shows and media watch are the sum total of my viewing. if you ignore the news that is about 1 hour and 15 minutes of TV a week.

Youtube can be very good though I find the ads are getting intrusive - I think YouTube is trying to get people to pay for their ad free premium service but I wonder where this leaves content providers who rely on Adsense for their income?

The number of channels I subscribe to gets ever longer.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 09:00 AM

I watch "The Toob"pretty regularly. Mostly music. I use it in the car and have a lot of playlists. I only watch the ABC and SBS on fee to air. Allelse we use STAN, Netflix, SBS on demand etc. We pay extra for some stuff on top of our prescriptions if it's worth it. Much the same as a lot of other people really
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 09:16 AM

I like YouTube too on the TV....I took a virtual walk around Ripon and Wetherby last night....brilliant
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 09:49 AM

I like the drone flyovers. I think I've flown over every major city in the world.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I like the drone flyovers. I think I've flown over every major city in the world.
I have had a drone since December and haven't managed to get it out yet, which is beyond annoying. Its due to lockdown, so yes, I watch the videos of them too - stunning views!
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 11:10 AM

Smart TVs have completely changed the way I use television. My go to now is Netflix, Prime or YouTube. I rarely watch terrestrial TV but if there is something I want to see I either get it on catch up or record it so I can watch it when it suits me, and if it's commercial TV I can whizz through the ads.

I cannot imagine now having to go back to the old days before smart TV, or before recording/fast forward/rewind/pause etc - you know, get the dinner cooked and plated up before xyz starts, then a dash to the loo in the commercial break. Our grandchildren would be up in arms!!!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Smart TVs have completely changed the way I use television. My go to now is Netflix, Prime or YouTube. I rarely watch terrestrial TV but if there is something I want to see I either get it on catch up or record it so I can watch it when it suits me, and if it's commercial TV I can whizz through the ads.

I cannot imagine now having to go back to the old days before smart TV, or before recording/fast forward/rewind/pause etc - you know, get the dinner cooked and plated up before xyz starts, then a dash to the loo in the commercial break. Our grandchildren would be up in arms!!!
Do you remember when they started channel 4, Sheba, so we could have a WHOLE 4 channels to watch?! I was so happy!
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 01:14 PM

With a connected projector TV and excellent surround sound (oh that bass), I get so much more from the Youtube music videos.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 06:06 PM

TV. What’s that?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top