Join for free
Page 236 of 259 « First < 136 186 226 234 235 236 237 238 246 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 08:59 PM

Re: Coronation Street

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Yep! 'Stringy' JB, She needs some pies.......
So is Gary dead? If he is, that's why they don't need to dig Rick up.....I feel cheated!......
I don't know, I'm only watching it now and only up to the adverts.
Gary dead?

Ah, now I see!
No, I'm sure he's not dead. The car wasn't travelling very quickly, so I'm sure he'll come round.

However, it looks like the truth is about to come out following a little bit of digging in the woods.

BTW, (in the back of the van) it did look to me like a shovel rather than a sp*de.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 09:04 PM

Rick was a loan shark who was going to make Gary disappear and bury him in the woods......But Gary turned the tables and whacked Rick on the head with the shovel (Spade is not PC)and it ended up with Rick being buried in the woods.....
True.
I wonder what alternative name will develop for the thing that we once called a spade!

A pointed shovel?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
True.
I wonder what alternative name will develop for the thing that we once called a spade!

A pointed shovel?
I'll continue to call it a SPADE JB, Just like Diamonds, Hearts, Clubs and SPADES!.....and the little electrical wire jointing thingy, otherwise known as a SPADE fitting..... Bugger the lot of them.........
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-07-2020, 10:04 PM

I'll continue to call it a SPADE JB, Just like Diamonds, Hearts, Clubs and SPADES!.....and the little electrical wire jointing thingy, otherwise known as a SPADE fitting..... Bugger the lot of them.........
Reminds me of the olden days when the word 'blackboard' became temporarily unacceptable.
The more suitable word then became 'chalkboard', not that I ever changed my terminology, being 'old fashioned'.
Strangely, I understand that 'blackboard' is once again an acceptable word.

I think it's developed into a whole new industry: determining acceptable and unacceptable words, and deciding upon more suitable alternatives.

I reckon I could do that, if I could only work out how to get into the job.

Sorry! Off-topic. Nowt to do with Coronation St. so this will no doubt be deleted!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 10:58 PM

Hiya Mups....

Rick was a loan shark who was going to make Gary disappear and bury him in the woods......But Gary turned the tables and whacked Rick on the head with the shovel (Spade is not PC)and it ended up with Rick being buried in the woods.....

Johnny (the Rovers Landlord) and Jenny (his missus) went away to foreign parts on holiday, but Jenny returned home alone saying that 'No good Johnny' had decided to stay for a bit longer......

Hope that clears up the confusion Mupsy.....

Ah, bless ya, thanks Foxy.

That's a bit daft about Johnny though. Wonder if he really left, or got pushed? Or maybe he is ill in 'real life' even.
Oh well, thanks again. x
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 10:39 AM

Reminds me of the olden days when the word 'blackboard' became temporarily unacceptable.
The more suitable word then became 'chalkboard', not that I ever changed my terminology, being 'old fashioned'.
Strangely, I understand that 'blackboard' is once again an acceptable word.

I think it's developed into a whole new industry: determining acceptable and unacceptable words, and deciding upon more suitable alternatives.

I reckon I could do that, if I could only work out how to get into the job.

Sorry! Off-topic. Nowt to do with Coronation St. so this will no doubt be deleted!
It's good to talk JB, and sometimes we wander off topic, I reckon that's what makes this forum so interesting, but it's either that or keep starting new threads....

However, I don't think any words (other than swear words) should be taken out of the English language. It's not the word that offends, it's the way it's said and in what context.....Just my opinion of course...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

30-07-2020, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ah, bless ya, thanks Foxy.

That's a bit daft about Johnny though. Wonder if he really left, or got pushed? Or maybe he is ill in 'real life' even.
Oh well, thanks again. x
No probs Mupsy. I think Johnny has acted in lots of other stuff, so I wonder if another acting roll has come up and it was too good to turn down, or maybe under contract.... No doubt he will turn up later. There is a story brewing between him and a bloke who is staying at the pub. I think they are old friends but something kicked off many years ago. We'll have to see how it unfolds....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

30-07-2020, 11:13 AM

It's good to talk JB, and sometimes we wander off topic, I reckon that's what makes this forum so interesting, but it's either that or keep starting new threads....

However, I don't think any words (other than swear words) should be taken out of the English language. It's not the word that offends, it's the way it's said and in what context.....Just my opinion of course...
I agree. When you hold a face to face conversation with other people, talk naturally moves on to other subjects.

On the other hand, on a forum like this, I suppose if a thread moved completely off-topic it should be brought back on-topic by the mods. I can't complain about that.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

30-07-2020, 11:15 AM

No probs Mupsy. I think Johnny has acted in lots of other stuff, so I wonder if another acting roll has come up and it was too good to turn down, or maybe under contract.... No doubt he will turn up later. There is a story brewing between him and a bloke who is staying at the pub. I think they are old friends but something kicked off many years ago. We'll have to see how it unfolds....
Yes, I remember that now. It just disappeared into the 'ether'. I suppose there are limitations now caused by the Covid crisis.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

30-07-2020, 11:22 AM

Yes, I remember that now. It just disappeared into the 'ether'. I suppose there are limitations now caused by the Covid crisis.
Have you noticed how the odd word and facemask are creeping into the programme JB? And watch out for the social distancing also...I think Sarah was playing with fire last night, I expected her being pushed into Gary's van and buried in the woods with Rick....

Page 236 of 259 « First < 136 186 226 234 235 236 237 238 246 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top