Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

06-03-2013, 09:44 AM

Re: Time Travel

I have never had any interest in meeting relatives who died before I was born, like my two grandfathers. I suspect I might not have liked them anyway. I have a photo of my Irish Great-Great Mother probably taken in the 1870s, I certainly wouldn't have liked to have met her on a dark night.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2013, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
I have never had any interest in meeting relatives who died before I was born, like my two grandfathers. I suspect I might not have liked them anyway. I have a photo of my Irish Great-Great Mother probably taken in the 1870s, I certainly wouldn't have liked to have met her on a dark night.
They can look a bit forbidding (foreboding?) in those old photos can't they!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2013, 09:57 AM

I'd like to go back to the time of the Egyptian Pharoahs to see how they built the pyramids, and also to see where they buried all of the royalty so that I could come back and pinpoint an unopened tomb, just like Howard Carter....
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2013, 10:21 AM

If there are no time restrictions on how many times we are allowed to travel, then I would like to like to fast forward fifteen years, to see where my grandchildren are and what they are doing.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2013, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
If there are no time restrictions on how many times we are allowed to travel, then I would like to like to fast forward fifteen years, to see where my grandchildren are and what they are doing.
And there are some things better not to know Mall...
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2013, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
And there are some things better not to know Mall...
Ah but if mall saw that they were going to make a huge mistake, she could try to influence them during the decision making stage - then we're back to the butterfly effect again so, maybe you're right plantman
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

06-03-2013, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
They can look a bit forbidding (foreboding?) in those old photos can't they!
I have loads of old photos, and this one is the scariest by far. Mind you if the woman's personality matched her photo, then I would suspect her granddaughter, my paternal grandmother, took after her. She was a sadistic b*tch and then, some, Her own mother, my Great-Grandmother, was a sweet person, it was awful that she was saddled with such a horrible daughter, her only surviving child!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

06-03-2013, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
I have loads of old photos, and this one is the scariest by far. Mind you if the woman's personality matched her photo, then I would suspect her granddaughter, my paternal grandmother, took after her. She was a sadistic b*tch and then, some, Her own mother, my Great-Grandmother, was a sweet person, it was awful that she was saddled with such a horrible daughter, her only surviving child!
I'm sure my Dad won't mind me repeating this but - after seeing a photo of my mum's grandmother (looking very very stern), he suggested that my mum put that photo on the mantlepiece to keep us kids away from the fire
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2013, 11:49 AM

Another great idea Karen....I just wonder if the reason they looked so stern in the old photos - is because they had to be still, and the process took a while.....just a thought.... maybe aches an' pains involved there..
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

06-03-2013, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I'm sure my Dad won't mind me repeating this but - after seeing a photo of my mum's grandmother (looking very very stern), he suggested that my mum put that photo on the mantlepiece to keep us kids away from the fire
Nice one! I shall mount the photo of my GG-Grandmother in front of the basket which contains biscuits and chocolate bars. Maybe it will deter my grandchildren from helping themselves without permission!

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top