Join for free
Page 10 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 02:43 PM

Re: Anyone fancy helping out?

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Oh dear BC - you'll have no nails left
So that will match my hair then!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
So that will match my hair then!
No need to clip - that's something
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 03:50 PM

This is not about Azz looking for Mods !
He is asking for helpers, which I believe would only amount to keeping the place tidy and relieving the Mods from some of the tedium of correcting spellings in topic titles, moving topics to the correct section etc.
That is all that would be required, I am sure.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Questor ->
There is so much that goes on behind the scenes as well as that which is visible, so it does involve a lot of the moderators' time. As the forum is growing larger it isn't surprising that Azz started the thread and if help wasn't deemed necessary I doubt the request would have been made.

My hope is they find posters that will gel with the current team, sometimes that doesn't happen. As the moderation here is just right, it would be a shame if the balance was upset.

I agree with that Questor, but it must be alot for just M 'n M to do, and what when they're away on holiday and there's no one else to take over? I do think the chosen person could 'make it' or 'break it' though.
I can imagine some members being like the audience on these talent shows when it's an act they don't like, and they shout "Off' 'Off' 'Off'!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree with that Questor, but it must be alot for just M 'n M to do, and what when they're away on holiday and there's no one else to take over? I do think the chosen person could 'make it' or 'break it' though.
I can imagine the members being like the audience on these talent shows when it's an act they don't like, and they shout "Off' 'Off' 'Off'!
,And gawd help the helpers...so glad I aint in the running as One would have to be very thick-skinned and not easily fazed.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
,And gawd help the helpers...so glad I aint in the running as One would have to be very thick-skinned and not easily phased.

I know, May, it must be quite a responsibility.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 05:19 PM

I would feel it was like being a coppers nark, better to make folks mods straight off.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I would feel it was like being a coppers nark, better to make folks mods straight off.
It's a good job Azz is an even tempered patient man.
Sometimes I feel that some posters would try the patience of a saint.
Old Dog
Suffolk
Old Dog is male  Old Dog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 08:48 PM

Whomever is chosen, it will be important to keep the Moderation at a similar level to that currently existing.

As a refugee from 'another place' which has been ruined by Mods given too much power and who are far to eager to exercise that power, this forum seems to have got things just about right and I would hate to see that change.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Originally Posted by malcolm ->
It's a good job Azz is an even tempered patient man.
Sometimes I feel that some posters would try the patience of a saint.
I see nothing wrong with Wrinkly's remark.
Other forums don't have 'helpers' - if they get busy they just appoint more mods!

Page 10 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top