Join for free
Page 13 of 28 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 07:28 PM

Re: Gina Miller Poking her Nose in again !!

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
If you really believed that leaving the EU would get our country back on track, then yes, I think you were both stupid an naive. It was never the EU that took us off track but the decisions of successive Tory governments and now your dragging us out of the EU you've left us at their mercy, without the protection of EU regulations.

"We" didn't make the decision, you and your pals did. It was never possible to make Brexit work for our countries good, why on earth would those of us who could see that work with you to enable it?

Describing those who disagree with you as whinging and whining is just your attempt to belittle them and their point of view. We are not trying to make Brexit fail, no need, because there was never any possibility of it succeeding, we are just trying to protect ourselves and our country from the harm you are hell bent on doing.

When Brexit fails, it won't be because we haven't worked together, it will be because you fell for the Brexiter have you cake and eat it lies and propaganda and voted for something with no good outcomes.

Our politicians are for the most part self-serving hypocrites like Theresa May, carrying on with Brexit despite knowing it will damage our country. They are not trying to make Brexit fail, just trying to make sure they are "I'm alright Jack" when it does. Did you really believe they cared about you and your family?

I don't think you voted Brexit because you believed in the UK, I think you did it because you fell for the anti EU propaganda and thought leaving would be the magic bullet to cure all ills. Instead of being proud of our modern, liberal country and joining the fight to protect our people from those who really threaten their well being, our own politicians and governments, exploitative big business and the reactionaries, you let yourself be conned into making scapegoats of the EU, immigrants, liberals and intellectuals and voted to condemn us to a new Dark Age.

Yes, when you, your children and all the rest of us are suffering, you will be to blame, And it will take a long time for our strong independent people to undo the harm you've done them.
I'm stupid and naive but I'm belittling you by saying you are whining ? Ok !
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
You think many of us really want to make things work under a Tory rule, I try my best who ever is at the top despite thinking they are completely and utterly devoid of humanity. Head down get on with doing what I personally can to help. Ok I have an occasional moan at events as they happen but I don't carry on like remainers blaming everyone that voted them in.

Democracy means who ever wins by one vote gets a chance to run things. That's our system.
This was not an election. Otherwise we would be able to vote for something else if it doesn't work out. Taking your example as a metaphor, Brexit is like voting for a permanent tory government with no option to change.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 07:44 PM

Ok I have an occasional moan at events as they happen but I don't carry on like remainers blaming everyone that voted them in.

Democracy means who ever wins by one vote gets a chance to run things. That's our system.
But Brexit isn't "a chance to run things" and a Government that can be voted out when they screw up. It's a permanent change to our way of life, with no chance to vote for a reprieve, if you Brexiters get your way. How can it be right for such a change to be inflicted on 16 million people against their will, then say to say it can't be changed, and then expect them not to fight back?

You should blame everyone who voted Tory for the brutal inhumane acts of the Tory government. Why don't you? Each person who votes for them is personally responsible for what they do. You vote for the nasty party, you are nasty.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 07:51 PM

But Brexit isn't "a chance to run things" and a Government that can be voted out when they screw up. It's a permanent change to our way of life, with no chance to vote for a reprieve, if you Brexiters get your way. How can it be right for such a change to be inflicted on 16 million people against their will, then say to say it can't be changed, and then expect them not to fight back?

You should blame everyone who voted Tory for the brutal inhumane acts of the Tory government. Why don't you? Each person who votes for them is personally responsible for what they do. You vote for the nasty party, you are nasty.
And those of us didn't reach the age to vote in last referendum or voted no had to wait 40 years to turn it around. You'll have to do the same our turn this time.

And yes I expect people to behave in a reasonable manner stop trying to pretend they are only ones might be right.

If not well they'll pull the country apart. Just to prove themselves right, how selfish and arrogant is that !
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 08:00 PM

And those of us didn't reach the age to vote in last referendum or voted no had to wait 40 years to turn it around. You'll have to do the same our turn this time.

And yes I expect people to behave in a reasonable manner stop trying to pretend they are only ones might be right.

If not well they'll pull the country apart. Just to prove themselves right, how selfish and arrogant is that !
Why should we have to suffer any years, let alone 40, to get a chance to put things right? Your hero Farage campaigned endlessly for a referendum and we're entitled to do the same. And when the Brexit misery hits, more and more people will join us and I think you'll find we don't have to do anything you tell us to, including letting you have a turn at ruining the country.

It's you Brexiters who are pulling the country apart by voting for something so stupid and damaging and being too selfish and arrogant to let anyone else put it right.

Putting up with something that could will destroy our country and our lives wouldn't be being reasonable, it would enable you Brexiters to do your worst. When wrong is done it's the fault of those to don't try to prevent it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

17-02-2018, 08:03 PM

Why should we have to suffer any years, let alone 40, to get a chance to put things right? Your hero Farage campaigned endlessly for a referendum and we're entitled to do the same. And when the Brexit misery hits, more and more people will join us and I think you'll find we don't have to do anything you tell us to, including letting you have a turn at ruining the country.

It's you Brexiters who are pulling the country apart by voting for something so stupid and damaging and being too selfish and arrogant to let anyone else put it right.

Putting up with something that could will destroy our country and our lives wouldn't be being reasonable, it would enable you Brexiters to do your worst. When wrong is done it's the fault of those to don't try to prevent it.
We had to wait so why are you so special you shouldn't ? And yes farage fought bug not by calling people names or moaning on he got up and did something. Perhaps remainers need to start a political party like he did and campaign properly.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by longdogs ->
if they are not citizens why should they be allowed to vote?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 08:44 PM

The sad part is, all the rest of us will suffer, not just the Brexiters, but I do hope they and their families get a double dose of the misery because it's worse for them because they know they caused it themselves and that every knows they are responsible. It will cause permanent alienation among families and friends.
And, don't forget, the sky will fall down too.

By the way, I haven't seen any 'misery' yet. Can you please explain how this 'misery' will actually manifest itself?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-02-2018, 08:50 PM

Of course you did, all the wrinkly Brexiters did it for "I'm alright Jack" reasons. The damage you've gleefully done others is nothing to be proud of and you will be hated for it for a long time

The constant arrogant stupid remarks made by Brexiters proves that they don't consider anyone but themselves and we should make sure they don't do further damage our people and our country by making them "put a sock in it"
Well, this 'wrinkly Brexiter' did it for the future good of the country. I fully expect that there will be a financial penalty in the short term - which will affect me as much as the young snowflakes - yet in the longer term it is the young people who will benefit more than me quite simply because I shall not be here.

Why am I trying to discuss matters with someone who just keeps coming up with the same old nonsense?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 09:19 PM

Of course you did, all the wrinkly Brexiters did it for "I'm alright Jack" reasons. The damage you've gleefully done others is nothing to be proud of and you will be hated for it for a long time

The constant arrogant stupid remarks made by Brexiters proves that they don't consider anyone but themselves and we should make sure they don't do further damage our people and our country by making them "put a sock in it"
I couldn't give a toss if I am hated by the younger generation for all eternity, I voted for me, right at this moment in my life time. From what I read, the younger generation have no regard for the older ones anyway, they are too busy with their own little snowflake agendas.

So stop moaning, accept it and move on.

And btw, I'm not wrinkly.

Page 13 of 28 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top