Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 08:00 PM

Re: The saddest news I heard today

38 weeks is very late in the pregnancy to make a decision like that. I wonder if it would be slightly better for them to have a full term birth and see how that goes rather than it being their decision.
Nature might take it's course.
On the other hand 18 is very young and having to care for a severly disabled child and even adult could be a long painful journey.

Very difficult, only they can decide.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 08:03 PM

If it were me I would have a termination. Not so much because I didn't want the baby but thinking ahead in years to come, what would happen to him/her when I am gone.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
38 weeks is very late in the pregnancy to make a decision like that. I wonder if it would be slightly better for them to have a full term birth and see how that goes rather than it being their decision.
Nature might take it's course.
On the other hand 18 is very young and having to care for a severly disabled child and even adult could be a long painful journey.

Very difficult, only they can decide.
While doctors are not Gods would nt it be better if the parents didn’t have to make this decision ?
Sometimes they do know better .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
While doctors are not Gods would nt it be better if the parents didn’t have to make this decision ?
Sometimes they do know better .
It would but they can't.
I'm glad the young man has someone to talk things through with, sometimes they can feel left out.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 09:19 PM

I agree with everyone in that this is one of the rottenest hands this family - the parents and the child - could possibly be dealt. As I sit and watch my 23 year old son eat his breakfast and read the paper I feel monumentally lucky and gut wrenchingly sad for this family at the same time. The only thing I can add is to again agree that it is only these two so young parents that can decide (with support) what to do.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 09:57 PM

That's so sad LQ. The same thing happened to friends, many years ago with their first child. They are devout Christians so carried the child full term. The baby lived only a short while, no brain or real skull. They needed to carry to full term and to have a natural death for faith reasons but she knew for months that it would end the way it did as she's a doctor. But to abort would have been unthinkable for them. I can understand why people want to carry on for ethical/religious reasons. But to wake up every day knowing the child is so compromised and may only live a short while is surely unbearable. My friends carried on to have two healthy children. They needed to let nature take its course. Either way it's a tough choice because at 38 weeks you do not get over the trauma and if you carry to full term and a child lives, then I would feel incredibly guilty for bringing such suffering into the world. You cannot win
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2020, 12:38 AM

I feel so very sorry for this young couple but a termination would be the kindest thing to do.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top