Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 05:08 PM

Re: Supermarket scam.

I forgot to take shopping bags today, and had to buy two 10p ones in Tesco, and had only one with me. (The rest were hidden beside the fridge freezer so I over looked them.)

I wouldn’t accept the US style of putting bulk shopping in paper sacks, as they need to be held in the arms. With carriers, I can easily carry 3-4 from car to house.

I also have the reusable veg bags and of course forget them, so think it’s a good idea to filch paper ones intended for bakery or mushrooms.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I forgot to take shopping bags today, and had to buy two 10p ones in Tesco, and had only one with me. (The rest were hidden beside the fridge freezer so I over looked them.)

I wouldn’t accept the US style of putting bulk shopping in paper sacks, as they need to be held in the arms. With carriers, I can easily carry 3-4 from car to house.

I also have the reusable veg bags and of course forget them, so think it’s a good idea to filch paper ones intended for bakery or mushrooms.
Why have veg bags in the 1st place? Most veg come ready wrapped by Mother Nature.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Unfortunately those American style paper shopping bags can split specially if you have heavy items in them. Far better to take your own bags.
Exactly - especially if it raining. Also not all of us own or have access to a car! My nearest market for fresh veg is in town - if the weather is kind I walk the two and a half miles there - but always come back by 'bus. Those paper sack things would be impossible to deal with. I always take my own bags - net ones for fruit and veg, nylon ones for everything else. I even take my own storage boxes when going to the deli.

It may sound laughable - but I see it as doing my bit to stop waste - especially of food.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 05:57 PM

In the summer, I take vegetables from the allotment home in my bicycle saddlebag. I suppose that's really green ...or greens.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top