Join for free
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 10:08 AM

H.M. Customs and Revenue

A rather interesting video series I have been watching about H.M. Customs and Revenue in the U.K.

You simply would not believe the things which people try to smuggle into and out of the U.K. One man who flew into Gatwick airport had 175 cartons of cigarettes. That is a total of 35,000 cigarettes.
A grandmother coming back from Jamaica, had 530 grams of cocaine hidden in the screen of her laptop.

It seems that Customs and Revenue is also greatly concerned with what is LEAVING the country: large amounts of cash, for example. they have dogs which are well trained to sniff out paper money. heck, I didn't know that that was even possible.
several people lost all of stacks of money prior to leaving the U.K.

several people had drugs hidden inside the soles of their shoes and one fellow had drugs hidden inside baseballs.

You will simply not believe this but one woman had attempted to smuggle in 10 sawed-off shotguns. And, she looked just like the nice lady from next door.

Those H.M. agents are one heck of a lot smarter than the smugglers. Interesting TV show.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 11:22 AM

Re: H.M. Customs and Revenue

I love those programmes too BM . It is always a surprise how innocent these criminals look too !

I think there is a limit to how much actual cash one can take out of the UK not sure how much , any idea ?
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 11:54 AM

A lot of cash was leaving the country when the threat of a Corbyn led government was a possibility.
Many and that included me turned some assets into cash and put it where UK sticky fingers cannot reach. Just in time too when considering the Covid19 virus has all but decimated some markets.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I love those programmes too BM . It is always a surprise how innocent these criminals look too !

I think there is a limit to how much actual cash one can take out of the UK not sure how much , any idea ?
You have to declare cash amounts of €10,000 or more when leaving or entering the EU.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...laration-c9011
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 10:09 PM

Hi

At the moment you can bring back from the EU large amounts of tobacco and spirits.

You can bring back as much wine and beer you can get in your car.

My last Calais trip I brought back 190 bottles at a huge saving on UK prices.

On 1st January next year we go down to 200 cigarettes and 5 bottles.

I am stocking up.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

At the moment you can bring back from the EU large amounts of tobacco and spirits.

You can bring back as much wine and beer you can get in your car.

My last Calais trip I brought back 190 bottles at a huge saving on UK prices.

On 1st January next year we go down to 200 cigarettes and 5 bottles.

I am stocking up.
You sound like a piss artist Swimmy?
😄😄😄
Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
A lot of cash was leaving the country when the threat of a Corbyn led government was a possibility.
Many and that included me turned some assets into cash and put it where UK sticky fingers cannot reach. Just in time too when considering the Covid19 virus has all but decimated some markets.
Dont forget the first law of investmen L Driver
What goes down will go up!
Donkeyman!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
You sound like a piss artist Swimmy?
😄😄😄
Donkeyman!
Hi

I rarely drink due to medication.

I do entertain a lot.

If I have a glass of wine it is the good stuff.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

04-03-2020, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I rarely drink due to medication.

I do entertain a lot.

If I have a glass of wine it is the good stuff.
You sound like a generous piss artist then Swimmy!!
Good on yer!

Donkeyman!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top