Join for free
Page 12 of 18 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 04:05 AM

Re: American Cops - again

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
His parents seem to be pretty decent types.
It’s easy to vilify someone when we don’t know all the circumstances .
However I still think the police acted in a brutal and unnecessary fashion .
Their comments in response to this situation have been extraordinarily cogent and restrained, especially related to their call for peace.

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Well the children were definitely at risk Surfermom,, from the 7
bullets that the cop fired and the possible richochets around the
inside of the car ??
Nobody has answered my question about the associated killings
of two people by a white teenager armed with an assault rifle

during the resultant protests about the attempted murder by
police of Blake, whereby the white teenager was parading with
the rifle along the street and was ignored by two law enforcement
vehicles alltough he was brandishing the rifle over his head!!
l ask again, why wasnt he shot down too??

Donkeyman! 😟😟
Yes, the presence of the children from the get-go and their imperilment is disturbing to say the least, and I would think would be central to the investigation. I can't imagine what they must be going through.

As for the teenager who killed two people, it was is tragic and deeply concerning event. He was apparently raised in keeping with those who hide behind the 2nd Amendment (right to bear arms) as a means to justify their gun microculture. That parent's macho thinking just cost three people their lives, including his own son. One of the lessons here is that the we defund police and celebrate gun ownership (which should always be considered a necessary evil, at best), we get vigilantism. I haven't yet seen the video of that event.

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
Interesting reading through this thread. It is very hard to imagine why they needed to shoot so many times regardless of what the victim was doing and it did not appear in the video that he was doing anything threatening. If they are suggesting he was reaching for a firearm it would be very unwise to leave a loaded gun in the car with 3 children. In the case of our Christchurch terrorist, he was tackled to the ground by two armed policemen. The policemen in the shooting were quite close enough and outnumbered him 3 to 1, why shoot him? Of course this should not sully the name of all policemen, most are good but this case proves the 'bad apple' syndrome.
I also didn't realise that although the Dodger was obviously an opinionated stroppy individual he is also a racist.
The justification of the number of shots fired is at the core of the investigation.

It will never be known what the officer was thinking. He was warned by another officer that Blake had a knife. I don't think Blake had a gun with him from what I have read, but having a gun in a vehicle with ammunition is not an uncommon occurrence. He did admit do having a knife.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 09:52 AM

After the first shot to the spine Todgy it WAS attempted murder !!

Donkeyman! 👎👎
It was not murder, it was the need to take him out of the equation. The police did good.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Just a simple misunderstanding then?
No, the correct response to the perceived situation.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
No, the correct response to the perceived situation.
Obdurate as ever Todgy!!

Donkeyman! 😟😟😟
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Their comments in response to this situation have been extraordinarily cogent and restrained, especially related to their call for peace.

Yes, the presence of the children from the get-go and their imperilment is disturbing to say the least, and I would think would be central to the investigation. I can't imagine what they must be going through.

As for the teenager who killed two people, it was is tragic and deeply concerning event. He was apparently raised in keeping with those who hide behind the 2nd Amendment (right to bear arms) as a means to justify their gun microculture. That parent's macho thinking just cost three people their lives, including his own son. One of the lessons here is that the we defund police and celebrate gun ownership (which should always be considered a necessary evil, at best), we get vigilantism. I haven't yet seen the video of that event.

The justification of the number of shots fired is at the core of the investigation.

It will never be known what the officer was thinking. He was warned by another officer that Blake had a knife. I don't think Blake had a gun with him from what I have read, but having a gun in a vehicle with ammunition is not an uncommon occurrence. He did admit do having a knife.

I think you should get a job in the justice system Surfermom??
A very balanced post !!

Donkeyman! 👍🤔🤔👍
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

28-08-2020, 11:15 AM

Obdurate as ever Todgy!!

Donkeyman! 😟😟😟
That's how I am. I'm open to changing my opinion but I need to be proven wrong. Thus far I am far from that stage. I guess it comes down to values. Taking everything into account (as reported) I see absolutely nothing wrong with what the police did.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

28-08-2020, 12:06 PM

That's how I am. I'm open to changing my opinion but I need to be proven wrong. Thus far I am far from that stage. I guess it comes down to values. Taking everything into account (as reported) I see absolutely nothing wrong with what the police did.
I suppose it all depends on our upbringing Todgy eh ??
As you say you see nothing wrong with shooting a helpless
person down in cold blood, but l do???

Donkeyman! 😟😟
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

28-08-2020, 12:32 PM

I suppose it all depends on our upbringing Todgy eh ??
As you say you see nothing wrong with shooting a helpless
person down in cold blood, but l do???

Donkeyman! 😟😟
He wasn't helpless and he was breaking the law.

There was every reason to expect he would injure the police officer or the kids or both or any third party.

The police were absolutely right in neutralising him using whatever means would do so as quickly and effectively as possible.

He brought it on himself.
The police obviously don't use soft nosed ammunition where this took place.

Pity. If they did one shot would probably have done it.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

28-08-2020, 01:05 PM

He wasn't helpless and he was breaking the law.

There was every reason to expect he would injure the police officer or the kids or both or any third party.

The police were absolutely right in neutralising him using whatever means would do so as quickly and effectively as possible.

He brought it on himself.
The police obviously don't use soft nosed ammunition where this took place.

Pity. If they did one shot would probably have done it.
Once his spine was shattered,(probably the first two shots?) He
WAS disabled Todger !! No matter how much meth you have taken
you WILL be helpless !!
The other FIVE shots were superfluous and constitute murder imo !!
Bur its no good talking to you sometimes, your worse than our
other freind Barmy Barny??

Donkeyman! 😟😟😟
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2020, 01:22 PM

We're just going round in circles now.

Some seem to think the police behaviour was fine, others of us don't.
I can see a 'Never the twain shall meet' situation here, so IO'll leave you folks to it.

Page 12 of 18 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top