Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 10:04 PM

Harry to become chief impact officer at US coaching firm BetterUp

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56500298

Prince Harry's exact duties, hours and any payment are not clear.

In his statement, Prince Harry said his goal in his new function would be to "lift up critical dialogues around mental health, build supportive and compassionate communities, and foster an environment for honest and vulnerable conversations".

In his role as the company's first chief impact officer, Prince Harry is expected to have input into initiatives including product strategy decisions and charitable contributions, and advocate publicly on topics related to mental health, the WSJ reports.

The chief impact officer position is relatively rare in the corporate world, notes the WSJ - it is seen more commonly in non-profit organisations such as Amnesty International.
"Chief impact officer" is a new job to me but descriptions elsewhere seem to indicate that it is a PR role (money for old rope) .....
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 10:16 PM

Re: Harry to become chief impact officer at US coaching firm BetterUp

I'm pretty sure I will be in a minority here but I wish him well in his new job. Regardless of what his previous "job" was he is contributing something to help improve mental health. Good on him. From what I've seen here a good part of the invective and outright abuse towards him and the other royals is about the fact that their life is paid for by the tax payers. Well that's your business. The Queens job here is to be on coins and banknotes and that's about it. The rest of them are irrelevant. BUt now Harry has got a real job by the look of it. And he's not even in England any more.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 10:21 PM

Too many Buzzwords in there.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 10:22 PM

The OP, not Keezoy.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 10:27 PM

I'm glad he's working - better than a recipient of an entitlement check. If he can make a difference, all the better.

Idle hands are the devil's workshop, and if his he and wife are working more, they will be too busy to air all that dirty laundry.

Forget the buzzwords, spitfire, it seems that I'm out to bore with adages.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

23-03-2021, 10:34 PM

Bore with what you like, I'm out to bore with appendagcies.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I'm pretty sure I will be in a minority here but I wish him well in his new job. Regardless of what his previous "job" was he is contributing something to help improve mental health. Good on him. From what I've seen here a good part of the invective and outright abuse towards him and the other royals is about the fact that their life is paid for by the tax payers. Well that's your business. The Queens job here is to be on coins and banknotes and that's about it. The rest of them are irrelevant. BUt now Harry has got a real job by the look of it. And he's not even in England any more.
I wouldn't call it a job though KZ ?
He/they apparently are doing really well out there and are to busy
to spare much time to for charitable jobs ?
We are told they are inundated with multi million$ contracts with
CNN and other media outlets, where will they find the time to devote
to a mere charity ??
Mean time they moan that Charlie has stopped paying for their
security etc, and their staff are beginning to resign for obscure
reasons?
Maybe the realities of living in a capitalist country are beginning
to become apparent ??
Anyway, as you say, good luck to them if they can crack it !!

Donkeyman! 👍🤗🤗👍

PS. out of England ?? Tell our media that !!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I'm glad he's working - better than a recipient of an entitlement check. If he can make a difference, all the better.

Idle hands are the devil's workshop, and if his he and wife are working more, they will be too busy to air all that dirty laundry.

Forget the buzzwords, spitfire, it seems that I'm out to bore with adages.
That's exactly what his new job is SM?
An entitlement cheque !!

Donkeyman! 👎👎
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

23-03-2021, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56500298

"Chief impact officer" is a new job to me but descriptions elsewhere seem to indicate that it is a PR role (money for old rope) .....
Emphasis needed on "charitable contributions" Omah !!
They don't mention his renumeration at all ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 11:06 PM

I don't really care who paying him. Mental Health was my profession for over 30 years as some of you may know. It is something that is important to me and international boundaries are of little interest to me. Anybody who lifts one finger to assist in any aspect of mental health, anywhere in the world, has my support. That is why some of the ridiculous and filthy propaganda that has been spread on this site about Joe Biden has driven me into such a rage. Because as usual the morally challenged trolls that spread this garbage know less than nothing about the terms they are flinging about. So if Harry wants to lend a hand in any capacity whatsoever, Good on him.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top