Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 10:28 AM

Re: They’ve Removed The Television From The Surgery Waiting Room...

To use a TV in a public place requires a different and more expensive licence than for domestic only use. In addition if any music is played over a television in a public place there is a fee to be paid to the PRS (?)lot.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
To use a TV in a public place requires a different and more expensive licence than for domestic only use. In addition if any music is played over a television in a public place there is a fee to be paid to the PRS (?)lot.
How quaint!

19.115 Section 199 of the (Australian) Copyright Act 1968 provides unremunerated exceptions in relation to the reception of broadcasts of works, sound recordings and films. Essentially, the effect of these provisions is that enterprises such as pubs, supermarkets and other shops are permitted to play radio or television broadcasts without infringing copyright.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Our surgery used to have one but they had so many complaints from their patients about the mindless drivel on it - they took it down.

Now we are stuck with the mindless drivel that is Radio York, Minster FM and Radio 1.

Be careful what you wish for!!
I remember the mindless drivel at my previous surgery. Where I am now doesn't have one.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I visited my doctors surgery today and noticed a blank wall.... the television has gone.
What can this mean?

1. They never expect to have patients in the surgery waiting room, ever again?

2. They haven’t paid the Television Licence, or can’t afford it?

3. Someone has stolen the television?

4. Other?

Does your surgery have a television? Is it alive and kicking, or has it gone AWOL too?

I’m surprised you didn’t ask the receptionist Art, what happened to the TV....that would have been my first port of call.

Members can only assume what had happened to it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 02:23 PM

There was a 'screen' in my surgery waiting room, but it wasn't used as a telly as such.
All it showed was an endless roll-around of NHS adverts, stuff about how many people didn't turn up for appointments, and things like that.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 02:36 PM

The screen in my GPS surgery offers a variety of services with phone numbers maybe some of those are not available at the moment.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I remember the mindless drivel at my previous surgery. Where I am now doesn't have one.
A surgery??
Or a TV ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I’m surprised you didn’t ask the receptionist Art, what happened to the TV....that would have been my first port of call.

Members can only assume what had happened to it.
I don't think the receptionist knows where the waiting room is in my
surgery Pauline !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
There was a 'screen' in my surgery waiting room, but it wasn't used as a telly as such.
All it showed was an endless roll-around of NHS adverts, stuff about how many people didn't turn up for appointments, and things like that.
Same at ours.

Not entirely convinced of a waiting room having an ordinary tv is a particularly good idea. Imagine "getting into" a program and telling the doctor to wait until the ads before you'll be ready to go in and see him/her.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

14-07-2021, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
How quaint!

19.115 Section 199 of the (Australian) Copyright Act 1968 provides unremunerated exceptions in relation to the reception of broadcasts of works, sound recordings and films. Essentially, the effect of these provisions is that enterprises such as pubs, supermarkets and other shops are permitted to play radio or television broadcasts without infringing copyright.
1968 eh Brucy ??

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top