Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 02:01 PM

Re: On the contrary

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Using the meals in freezer a very good idea.
Her hair does need doing, as does mine.
No need to wax, I wear jeans all the time too.
Takeaway a good idea, if she doesn't want to cook once a week.
Look on the bright side, at least you won't have to stop smoking, or, if not already, switch to rollies they are cheaper.
All I need is just one win on the lottery, then all will be fine
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Happy wife = early widow given the stress I'm having trying to balance the books!!
Indeed, it can’t be easy, there should be compromise from both of you.

She sounds quite a strong woman Dex...a bit selfish also, if you don’t mind me saying.

It’s like you have all the responsibility managing the money....she just likes to spend it....which is the easy part.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
It’s like you have all the responsibility managing the money....
It's my own fault. When we first got together, we used to write things down in an exercise book. When we got our first computer (a 386DX for anyone who cares), I transferred it to a spreadsheets and she immediately decided that she was a technophobe and would thus be unable to even look at a computer screen or indeed a printout of the information.

At which point, hook, line and sinker were all placed firmly in my hands.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 02:08 PM

It's my own fault. When we first got together, we used to write things down in an exercise book. When we got our first computer (an 386DX for anyone who cares), I transferred it to a spreadsheets and she immediately decided that she was a technophobe and would thus be unable to even look at a computer screen or indeed a printout of the information.

At which point, hook, line and sinker were all placed firmly in my hands.
Ah....now I understand,
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 02:12 PM

Happy wife = early widow given the stress I'm having trying to balance the books!!
Nah, it’s the smokes that’ll make her an early widow Dex
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
How true is that.
See, it’s so simple. And men say women are complicated
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

16-07-2021, 02:20 PM

Another thing, while I'm getting ready to celebrate our wedding anniversary ...

She worked for longer than I did and sometimes likes to rake up the fact. Around 18 years ago, my parents had a house fire and this led to me taking about 6 months off work to go and work on it. The outcome was that we were able to generate rental income from it for us (and my brother and nieces), plus the work done increased it's eventual sale value sufficiently enough for us to buy a couple of flats which are bringing rent so that "my" part of the current income is more than hers.

This part of the equation doesn't seem to have entered her thought processes.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

16-07-2021, 02:21 PM

All marriage imo, should be equal, it’s not about one or the other...it’s about both.

Unfortunately that is not usually the case in a lot of marriages..

It’s very one sided in some.

Not implying yours is Dex, I’m sure she has her qualities...

But some woman just love spending their man’s money.these stay at home kept woman type.

Spend, spend, spend, I think Daddy plays a big part in that.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

16-07-2021, 02:33 PM

Another thing, while I'm getting ready to celebrate our wedding anniversary ...

She worked for longer than I did and sometimes likes to rake up the fact. Around 18 years ago, my parents had a house fire and this led to me taking about 6 months off work to go and work on it. The outcome was that we were able to generate rental income from it for us (and my brother and nieces), plus the work done increased it's eventual sale value sufficiently enough for us to buy a couple of flats which are bringing rent so that "my" part of the current income is more than hers.

This part of the equation doesn't seem to have entered her thought processes.

Well it wouldn’t would it,...what’s yours is all hers,
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

16-07-2021, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Well it wouldn’t would it,...what’s yours is all hers,
That wasn't even in the fine print of the original contract.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top