Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2020, 11:59 PM

Re: Moderna: Covid vaccine shows nearly 95% protection

Sorry, I have edited though anyone can answer.
easygoing
New Member!
Redding, Ca., USA
easygoing is male 

18-11-2020, 12:25 AM

These vaccines look very promising. However, I will probably skip the first round and get it later, but I plan to get it. I believe that the side affects will bother some people but it's better than untimely meeting the grim reaper.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
@morticia

Just out of interest, do you have the flu vaccine?
No ... I don't think I qualify for it yet but I'd probably give that a miss too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by easygoing ->
These vaccines look very promising. However, I will probably skip the first round and get it later, but I plan to get it. I believe that the side affects will bother some people but it's better than untimely meeting the grim reaper.

Yes Easy, as I mentioned in post 6, that does seem the case.
It seems at the moment, that over half the population fear the vaccine more than the Covid at the mo.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 08:47 AM

Is it the possible side effects that people fear, or is it more about human rights? I imagine some people (I think I know one or two) will make a big noise on social media then meekly fall into line for the jab when asked.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2020, 07:58 PM

My hubby and adult son both say they will not have it. Myself and daughter not sure but her boyfriend says he definitely won’t have it.

How do others feel about it?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2020, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
My hubby and adult son both say they will not have it. Myself and daughter not sure but her boyfriend says he definitely won’t have it.

I will be happy to have a vaccination for C19 it don't think it will be this one though we have only secured a few doses it will probably be the Pfizer vaccine .
I am always first in the queue for the flu vaccination ...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2020, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->

I think the ones who don't want it, are afraid it might give them a dose of Covid.

Has anyone said how long this vaccine is supposed to protect us for yet? Do they know?

I remember for years and years, people used to have their animals vaccinated every single year with booster after booster. The owners going along just because they were told to.

Then they discovered there is such a thing as over-vaccinating!
For some time now, there has been a titer test to check blood antbodies first, instead of just blindly following the vaccine makers advice.

Isn't a test available to humans as well?
Seems logical to me to have an antibody test done to see whether we need annual vaccinations instead of just blindly going ahead with it regardless.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2020, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Has anyone said how long this vaccine is supposed to protect us for yet? Do they know?
Hi Mups that is something that is not yet known because the virus/vaccination has only been around a short time.

To find out they will need to follow up a large number of vaccinated people to see if they have retained antibodies and for how long.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2020, 12:39 AM

I will have the vaccination if offered, I can put up with a few days of headaches and nauseous reactions if it works.

We can't carry on as we are at the moment as I fear this virus will be with us for many years. I've had my life and would be willing to risk it rather than having very little connection with my family as now.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top