Join for free
Page 12 of 19 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 01:57 PM

Re: Wonderful News! (Vaccination trials successful)

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I have never said the NHS is 'out to get people' Annie?
I didn't say you did Mups.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 08:09 PM

Anti anti vaxxers video from the Economist. You know it makes sense.

or not.

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 08:36 PM

That's interesting Dood. I can see the link between clickbait social media and the growth of such views. So on the one hand you have Bill Gates trying to erradicate disease in the world by promoting vaccination in countries where it's scarce and on the other Zuckerberg's algorithm persuading those in the West to be anti vaxx. Ironic.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 08:56 PM

There's just one thing wrong with all these links and opinions by journalists, scientists, and know it alls......It's all bollox anyway......make up your own mind. Instead of - My link is better than your link.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 10:02 PM

So what happened to the lockdown in 2018?

Everything we are doing to combat Covid is based on the infection rates posted daily on many official websites and the media. But what if the numbers are wrong?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

22-11-2020, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

So what happened to the lockdown in 2018?

Everything we are doing to combat Covid is based on the infection rates posted daily on many official websites and the media. But what if the numbers are wrong?
I measure the infection rate by the number of people I hear coughing like a waste disposal machine and how many ambulance sirens there are each day. There were quite a few in April and May and now they are back. Based on the blocked drain coughs I predict it's not too good just now and may be worse in the next couple of weeks. My anecdotal evidence has been pretty much in line with the graphs so far. Spooky coincidence?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

22-11-2020, 10:30 PM

OGF do you know that this year has had a really big flu vaccine uptake? Getting flu and covid together is no fun.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 12:33 AM

I read a rather tongue-in-cheek article in today's paper.

Quote:

" I'm fascinated by people who shout: "It's an attack on my civil liberties" because they are asked to wear a face mask in shops.
They seem to think they are freedom-fighters, like Nelson Mandela.

"It should be a matter of choice what I wear" they say.
Maybe that's true, and that right is more important than any potential health risk.
In the same way, if I want to let some crocodiles loose in a school playground, that should be my right, and I don't see why I should be stopped by some interfering teacher.

Some of them are now angry about the vaccine. "I won't be vaccinated," they say. "I read an article on the internet that says the vaccine will be full of weapons-grade plutonium so you light up in the dark to enable the CIA to track you at night so they can keep fiiles about which side of the bed you sleep in. And on top of that, it turns you into a zebra."

I think the point they are trying to make is, we were much healthier before we had medicine, back in the 12th century when we had a life expectancy of six."

Unquote.

Wild exaggeration? So are some of the tales on the internet.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That's interesting Dood. I can see the link between clickbait social media and the growth of such views. So on the one hand you have Bill Gates trying to erradicate disease in the world by promoting vaccination in countries where it's scarce and on the other Zuckerberg's algorithm persuading those in the West to be anti vaxx. Ironic.

Zuckerberg didn't get where he is today by thinking there is anything more important than clicks.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-11-2020, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I read a rather tongue-in-cheek article in today's paper.

Quote:

" I'm fascinated by people who shout: "It's an attack on my civil liberties" because they are asked to wear a face mask in shops.
They seem to think they are freedom-fighters, like Nelson Mandela.

"It should be a matter of choice what I wear" they say.
Maybe that's true, and that right is more important than any potential health risk.
In the same way, if I want to let some crocodiles loose in a school playground, that should be my right, and I don't see why I should be stopped by some interfering teacher.

Some of them are now angry about the vaccine. "I won't be vaccinated," they say. "I read an article on the internet that says the vaccine will be full of weapons-grade plutonium so you light up in the dark to enable the CIA to track you at night so they can keep fiiles about which side of the bed you sleep in. And on top of that, it turns you into a zebra."

I think the point they are trying to make is, we were much healthier before we had medicine, back in the 12th century when we had a life expectancy of six."

Unquote.

Wild exaggeration? So are some of the tales on the internet.
You say you read this in a paper Mups....
Does the bloke still write for the paper or has he been sacked for wasting valuable space....
Who is this bloke that is telling me to have the vaccine and wear a mask?
If I have the vaccine, is he prepared to sign a document to pay me damages if anything goes wrong? How can a so called journalist tell me what is best for my health?

Is he suggesting that everyone who refuses to have a vaccine and subscribes to his opinions would let crocodiles loose in a schoolyard? What a stupid and irresponsible thing to print. And does he assume that everyone refusing the vaccine believes that there is plutonium or some connection to 5G hidden in the vaccine?

Would he have printed the same argument about thalidomide?
Did you know that big pharma have now placed a clause in the legal stuff exonerating them from any blame or claims made by individuals should there be an adverse reaction to the vaccine...?

And does he think that everyone in the 12th century died at the age of six because they didn't have vaccines in those days? Praise be to the NHS and big pharma!
Could it be that people died young in the 12th century because they didn't live in a centrally heated house with clean running water and an efficient sewage system, or have a car on the drive, or a Tesco at the end of the street, or a government that will pay you when you get sick or retire, and because they didn't sit on their arses all day writing shite....

Page 12 of 19 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top