Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 10:34 AM

Re: Vaccination

Yes, no worries about that.

I'd even take a jab from a boxer if it meant immunity from the virus.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 10:58 AM

I understand you have to have the injections in your buttocks. The first one in the left buttock and the second one in your right buttock.

Ha! Only joking!!

No, l wouldn’t mind who gave the injection as long as they were trained and had plenty of practice!
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Would you accept a Jab from a Squaddie or a Copper per se? or would it have to be a medical professional.
I would only accept an approved vaccine form my local trusted pharmacist. She administered the influenza vaccine for me this year, so I am about to send her an e-mail preregistering for the Oxford vaccine as and when it becomes available to her branch. I would not accept any from my GP as they insist all patients have to wait outside their locked door in all weathers and I would also refuse from any unqualified medical stand-in.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
I would only accept an approved vaccine form my local trusted pharmacist. She administered the influenza vaccine for me this year, so I am about to send her an e-mail preregistering for the Oxford vaccine as and when it becomes available to her branch. I would not accept any from my GP as they insist all patients have to wait outside their locked door in all weathers and I would also refuse from any unqualified medical stand-in.
I feel much safer having a vaccine administered outside in a walk through tent as we did this this year with the flu vaccine than inside a building .

The flu vaccination administered by my local surgery was as always carried out efficiently with no waiting around and a minimum of fuss and I felt total safe
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 12:03 PM

Of course Spitty, you don't have to be an electrician to wire a plug up....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
it would have to be a medical professional.

pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 12:08 PM

Care assistants in the doctors surgery gave me my flu jab.....taking blood I don’t think she would be allowed to...not sure though.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 12:13 PM

Would a Hippocratic Oath holder have to be present?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 12:20 PM

The pharmacist did my & my Sons flu jabs so I'd go back there for a jab every time.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 12:26 PM

The Flu jab was given while we were sitting in our car in a drive-through tent erected at a local airfield. It was very quickly and efficiently done. No loitering within tent in fact.

Probably be the same for the Covid one.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top