Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
digitalham
United Kingdom
digitalham is male  digitalham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 08:29 PM

Re: Might need a new printer

I always checked that reasonably priced compatible cartridges were avaliable in the past before buying a printer and usually ended up with an Epson which frequently harangued me about using genuine cartridges but worked anyway.

My latest printer is again an Epson but an eco tank one which uses bottles of ink. Considering the amount you get compared to a cartridge even the genuine ones are not that bad on price.

Since getting it I've noticed that colour print quality is noticeably better. I think either naughty Epson after being called out for refusing to work with compatibles are downgrading the quality with compatibles or maybe the various compatibles I used really were substandard. The difference was especially noticeable on plain card. As I print personalised greetings cards on A4 photo anything inside is on plain so that makes quite a difference.

The downside is eco tank printers are expensive but mine at least came with a full size set of inks.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top