Join for free
Page 18 of 33 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 > Last »
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 07:36 PM

Re: Trump - The Long Goodbye

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Reminds me of the recent assertion that Cummings will continue to work for Boris despite quitting...

Point me if you would to an official announcement regarding Cummings and his current employment status?
I find it odd that you so vehemently question the terms of Sir Allan's employment and yet you rely upon the very hearsy that you say you dislike when it concerns Dominic Cummings.

To remind you though, here's what the media said although - as you will know if you look - there has been no official statement.

"The BBC understands he will continue to work from home, on issues such as mass coronavirus testing, until the middle of December."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54938050

"The Vote Leave allies will work out their notice periods from home"
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...on-b70182.html
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->

Point me if you would to an official announcement regarding Cummings and his current employment status?
I find it odd that you so vehemently question the terms of Sir Allan's employment and yet you rely upon the very hearsy that you say you dislike when it concerns Dominic Cummings.

To remind you though, here's what the media said although - as you will know if you look - there has been no official statement.....blah blah blah waffle waffle blah blah...]
I was referring to TedC's post in the DC thead :

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Also, even though we seem to be buying into Cummings "leaving", I feel sure that what we're seeing is a political, sooth-saying gesture,

My bet is that Cummings will now carry (no pun) on working, from outside, by meeting with, and advising, Boris via Phone, on-line discussions, etc.

Perhaps those working to kick him out will have a Pyrric victory?

Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 08:37 PM

I was referring to TedC's post in the DC thead :
That is not what you put up above.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
That is not what you put up above.
You're a bundle of joy. It's a recent assertion on this forum.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

23-11-2020, 08:59 PM

You're a bundle of joy.
Thank you and a Merry Christmas to you too.

It's a recent assertion on this forum.
Not on this thread.
People are not mindreaders.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2020, 01:12 AM

Trump administration officially begins transition to Biden after weeks of delay

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/23/trum...ports-say.html

General Services Administration chief Emily Murphy on Monday told President-elect Joe Biden that the Trump administration is making federal resources available for his transition into office.

The decision from Murphy, who had withheld her decision on ascertaining Biden’s electoral victory for days after the Nov. 3 election, was revealed minutes before President Donald Trump tweeted that he approved of the move.
One small step from Trump, one giant leap for Biden .....
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2020, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
No I just want the truth regarding what went on. Nothing to do with reversing anything, as far as I'm concerned and the law is concerned, Trump is the President of the USA and until the election has been investigated for fraud and the conclusions made, that is how it stays.
You raised the matter of the Supreme court!
You are obviously hoping that somehow Trump can subvert democracy in the final stages of this fiasco.
Perhaps you could shed some light on the fraud case that you "believe" needs investigating?
All waiting with baited breath....
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2020, 11:41 AM

One of Trump's many legacies...

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...rallies-433760

That is a lot of grieving.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2020, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Reality1 ->
One of Trump's many legacies...

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...rallies-433760

That is a lot of grieving.
It certainly is .....

IMO, Trump's (lack of) response to the COVID-19 pandemic has caused 263,701 US deaths so far - that's equivalent to wiping Sunderland off the UK map .....
Zaphod
Lincs UK

24-11-2020, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
It certainly is .....

IMO, Trump's (lack of) repsponse to the COVID-19 pandemic has caused 263,701 deaths so far - that equivalent to wiping Sunderland off the UK map .....
I've seen some bull on here but that comes close to topping the lot - well done!

It has probably escaped your attention, but it is covid that kills.
Not any one person - these mere humans have very little impact.

Or are you going to blame Belgium's Sophie Wilmes (or now Alexander de Croo) as being similarly responsible for almost twice as many deaths per head of population as the USA?
Does that make her almost twice as bad as Trump too?
And if not, why not?

I'm not sticking up for Trump here BTW, just pointing out the big flaw in trying to blame a person for deaths which a virus has obviously caused when it would appear that nothing short of isolating people works to stop deaths.

Page 18 of 33 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top