Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 11:22 PM

Re: Adoration

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Have you experienced it?
I’ve been ignored but never adored, and if asked which I’d prefer it would have to be the former.

Could you imagine all the hassle you’d have to endure if you were adored?, you wouldn’t have a moment to yourself, you couldn’t just lounge about in any old gear for fear of photographers with super zoom lens, waiting to nab the adored with no teeth in or with their wigs off.

And worse still, you could not enter your local pub anymore nor go for a quiet walk, you couldn’t get the door opened in the mornings from all the begging letters, your friends would become mouchers forever bumming off you, the press would go scanning your history trying to dig up scandal, then there’s always the fear of some nutcase kidnapping a family member, etc. etc., you may say goodbye to your freedom that’s for sure.

No thanks, give me anonymity every time and to hell with adoration, fortune, and fame.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 11:32 PM

Why do folks not adore someone else not themselves, that is strange, the assumption.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2020, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I’ve been ignored but never adored, and if asked which I’d prefer it would have to be the former.

Could you imagine all the hassle you’d have to endure if you were adored?, you wouldn’t have a moment to yourself, you couldn’t just lounge about in any old gear for fear of photographers with super zoom lens, waiting to nab the adored with no teeth in or with their wigs off.

And worse still, you could not enter your local pub anymore nor go for a quiet walk, you couldn’t get the door opened in the mornings from all the begging letters, your friends would become mouchers forever bumming off you, the press would go scanning your history trying to dig up scandal, then there’s always the fear of some nutcase kidnapping a family member, etc. etc., you may say goodbye to your freedom that’s for sure.

No thanks, give me anonymity every time and to hell with adoration, fortune, and fame.
Oh the mental picture Jem....no teeth and a wig

My cats adore me....especially at meal times .

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top