Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 09:08 PM

Historical figure!

If you could meet any historical figure, either living or deceased, who would you choose and why?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 09:12 PM

Re: Historical figure!

Originally Posted by Minx ->
If you could meet any historical figure, either living or deceased, who would you choose and why?
Sir Isaac Newton PRS was an English mathematician, physicist, astronomer, theologian, and author who is widely recognised as one of the most influential scientists of all time and as a key figure in the scientific revolution
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Sir Isaac Newton PRS was an English mathematician, physicist, astronomer, theologian, and author who is widely recognised as one of the most influential scientists of all time and as a key figure in the scientific revolution
The original Apple guy
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
The original Apple guy
And a not more science.........
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 10:25 PM

At the risk of sounding a little strange, I've had a dream a couple of times of meeting Henry VIII and showing him how to play Sudoku.

No, I can't explain why.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 10:46 PM

Neil Armstrong. I would ask him to describe the feeling of being the first person to walk on the Moon.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 11:00 PM

Michael Faraday or Johannes Kepler. Faraday because he was the inventor of the electric motor and the first to realise the importance of electromagnetic waves - light being one such wave.
Kepler because he poked the Catholic Church in the eye by confirming that the planets actually went around the sun and not around the Earth. The so-called geo-centric universe proposed by Ptolemy championed by the Catholic hierarchy kept civilisation in the dark ages for centuries.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 11:16 PM

Charles Darwin.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 11:38 PM

There's only one.

About 1500 odd years ago.

Give me a loaded Uzi or Desert Eagle and less than a minute alone with him.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 11:46 PM

Oliver Cromwell for me. He fascinates me.

I love going to the ‘Ye Olde Reine Deer lnn’ in Banbury and sitting in the Globe Room where he plotted battles during the English Civil War.

One of those was the battle of Edge Hill, where l love visiting too.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top