Join for free
Page 18 of 26 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 11:24 PM

Re: Boris Johnson resigns.

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
It's a conspiracy I tell you...........a conspiracy.

Let's bring back imperial measurements, feet and inches, it was good enough for my grandfathers it's good enough for me.

Green for earth ?
Red for live ?
Sod that...............who do those dictators think they are ?

Fire proof furniture is for pansy continental surrender monkies.

Metric threads, probable a kraut car manufacturer's scheme for world domination......they tried it before you know ?

I am being silly ?.................You started it.
Not at all. I am a great traditionalist.

I am confident that I could still work in pounds, shillings and pence. Much more interesting than a boring decimal system.

Of course, I'm sure you know that we adopted many decimal-based units long before we came under the jackboot.

Oh, and you will be aware that there are many installations of red, black and green cables that are still working perfectly well. The old colours don't actually slow down the current flow, you know.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 11:30 PM

I seem to remember the furniture fire safety regs were nothing to do with the EU. I was working for a regulatory body when they brought in a change in the law in '93. It was quite a bit of work to inform and implement.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Not at all. I am a great traditionalist.

I am confident that I could still work in pounds, shillings and pence. Much more interesting than a boring decimal system.

Of course, I'm sure you know that we adopted many decimal-based units long before we came under the jackboot.

Oh, and you will be aware that there are many installations of red, black and green cables that are still working perfectly well. The old colours don't actually slow down the current flow, you know.
I'm surprised you use the world wide web given your "traditional" views.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
It's a conspiracy I tell you...........a conspiracy.

Let's bring back imperial measurements, feet and inches, it was good enough for my grandfathers it's good enough for me.

Green for earth ?
Red for live ?
Sod that...............who do those dictators think they are ?

Fire proof furniture is for pansy continental surrender monkies.

Metric threads, probable a kraut car manufacturer's scheme for world domination......they tried it before you know ?

I am being silly ?.................You started it.
There is nothing wrong imo in standardising electrical colour coding - makes sense tbh, but I never did understand their choice.
There was nothing wrong with red as live (signifies danger?), black as N and green as E. 3 Phase was visual and easy to remember. Red, Yellow, Blue.

Never understood why they changed 3 phase to brown / black / grey. Or, why they changed live to brown and neutral to blue.
I think the old system was more visual and easier to remember for the layman at least. I feel that's the coding they should have made the standard.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

10-07-2018, 11:40 PM

Was it to help the colour blind Fender?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'm surprised you use the world wide web given your "traditional" views.
You mean t'internet?

T'internet came along long before the EU...

and is far more trustworthy!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 11:58 PM

Was it to help the colour blind Fender?
It was.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

10-07-2018, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You mean t'internet?

T'internet came along long before the EU...

and is far more trustworthy!
I'm sure Realist will confirm both are an Illuminati conspiracy to take over the world.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 12:03 AM

I'm sure Realist will confirm both are an Illuminati conspiracy to take over the world.
Of course, and the dimbos here will agree with him.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

11-07-2018, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
There is nothing wrong imo in standardising electrical colour coding - makes sense tbh, but I never did understand their choice.
There was nothing wrong with red as live (signifies danger?), black as N and green as E. 3 Phase was visual and easy to remember. Red, Yellow, Blue.

Never understood why they changed 3 phase to brown / black / grey. Or, why they changed live to brown and neutral to blue.
I think the old system was more visual and easier to remember for the layman at least. I feel that's the coding they should have made the standard.
I agree.

I can only assume it was some sort of demand by the Europeans. Our old system was far more logical.

Page 18 of 26 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top