Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2019, 01:51 PM

Re: Arthritis

Originally Posted by Susan68 ->
Just found this online, don't know how I missed this!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...sufferers.html

I've found some free from beef gelatin so will order some to try for a month.
Thanks!
Hope your pains are less in this warmer weather Susan ..
What strength are the fish oil supplement ?
Will they leave an aftertaste I wonder ?
I can’t stomach oily fish .
Even salmon comes back on me sometimes .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2019, 03:20 PM

For about 6 months now I have had marvellous pain relief from using a tens machine. I was finding I was actually going to have to stop working my knee was so bad but one of my bosses introduced me to a tens machine saying if it didn't work he would find me an easier job but he didn't really want to move me to less hours.
I tried it either side of my knee cap as suggested and I now swear by it. I only now have to use it every other day and instead of 8 tramadol I am on 6 cocodomol a day and I can sleep again. Not bad for just over £20 I think.
Have to say I think I might love my boss
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2019, 04:24 PM

You must feel very relieved Julie .
Are you due a replacement joint ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2019, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
You must feel very relieved Julie .
Are you due a replacement joint ?
No I've been signed off by my rheumatologist as too fat to matter. Nice man if he wasn't so insulting.
Zuleika
North West UK

26-08-2019, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
No I've been signed off by my rheumatologist as too fat to matter. Nice man if he wasn't so insulting.
What does he mean by that ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

26-08-2019, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
What does he mean by that ?
Exactly what he said I guess he said if I was slim and years younger he would put me on the list as I cannot unage I pointed out not much hope then and he said I was only a cleaner anyway. He really seemed to have a problem with weight mostly oh and my job.

Our NHS is crumbling around us so I guess they have to only treat the most deserving cases.
Zuleika
North West UK

27-08-2019, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Exactly what he said I guess he said if I was slim and years younger he would put me on the list as I cannot unage I pointed out not much hope then and he said I was only a cleaner anyway. He really seemed to have a problem with weight mostly oh and my job.

Our NHS is crumbling around us so I guess they have to only treat the most deserving cases.
If you were years younger my reasoning tells me you wouldn’t be needing a joint replacement.
I know what’s called obesity is frowned upon and people have be told to lose weight before such an op will be offered to them.
The Tens machine might relieve the pain you’re having somewhat but how long are you going to be taking cocodamol every day ? They won’t get to the root of the problem?

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top