Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 09:52 AM

Re: Taking the Hit.

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I reckon 17,400,000 gammon joints will be enjoyed on that day.

It will become a new British tradition and a Bank Holiday and lead to a revival in the British Pork industry.
Let's hope so.

I'll be having my gammon with British, peas and egg and a good few tinnies of british beer.

A national gammon day sounds just the ticket.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Let's hope so.

I'll be having my gammon with British, peas and egg and a good few tinnies of british beer.

A national gammon day sounds just the ticket.
Sounds delicious - I'd vote for that!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I reckon 17,400,000 gammon joints will be enjoyed on that day.

It will become a new British tradition and a Bank Holiday and lead to a revival in the British Pork industry.
Most definitely Bread. Then, after our Gammon celebrations we can look forward to the UK joining in with those low-tax regimes such as Switzerland, Andorra, Singapore, Jersey, etc. Won't mention Luxembourg and Dublin as if there is a no-deal due to their intransigence, they will soon be up the creek without a paddle,along with the rest of the EU, the way things are progressing for them..
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Most definitely Bread. Then, after our Gammon celebrations we can look forward to the UK joining in with those low-tax regimes such as Switzerland, Andorra, Singapore, Jersey, etc. Won't mention Luxembourg and Dublin as if there is a no-deal due to their intransigence, they will soon be up the creek without a paddle,along with the rest of the EU, the way things are progressing for them..

Excellent post SG !
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
You're talking about little england I presume, or are you really comparing the UK with the 8 mln inhabitants of switzerland and the 0.6 mln of luxemburg?

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top