Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2020, 08:44 AM

Re: Metformin fears

Hi

Another scare story, only a fraction of the manufacturers have contaminated products.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2020, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Another scare story, only a fraction of the manufacturers have contaminated products.
I agree Swimmy , the media do like to sensationalise things it sells papers.

The article way down the page also states....

In the UK it is provided under brand names Bolamyn, Diagemet, Glucient, Glucophage and Metabet, and in the US brands include Fortamet, Glucophage, Glucophage XR, Glumetza and Riomet.

As yet there is no suggestion that any of these brands' supplies are contaminated.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2020, 11:33 AM

I've been on Metformin for 28 years.
I consider myself fortunate not to have developed a cancer... yet. Not as a result of taking Metformin, but just generally as so many do.

Cancer and the common cold - no-one has yet developed a true cure for either.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 05:49 PM

I have only just discovered this thread whilst looking for something else as a health issue. I remember that scare and to be on the safe side my GP switched me from a generic to Glucophage SR and I have been on the branded formula ever since.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2021, 07:48 AM

Same here Driver just noticed it.
I am 2 and I believe I am now on top of it.
Does it ever go away I do not know, but my levels dropped.

Anyways I was on Metformin but I stopped taking it about 4 weeks ago. My gp does not know so I do not have any substitute but I am feeling good and like Judd I am watching my diet.
After reading the report I am pleased I did stop it.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2021, 05:51 PM

V is type2 and has been taking Metformin for about 5 or 6 yrs now. She's not said anything about any side effects.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2021, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
V is type2 and has been taking Metformin for about 5 or 6 yrs now. She's not said anything about any side effects.
I've been taking it for 28 years and, fortunately, I seem to have suffered no adverse consequences.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top