Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 12:32 PM

Life IS a Box of Chocolates...

Wow, Wish I had a John Lewis Here!

Not Fair! Reading again in Lucy Mangan column in the Mail on Sunday, This Christmas, in John Lewis stores across the whole of the country, (nearest to me is 20 miles), Lucy says they have stationed kiosks allowing you to fill a tin with Quality Street chocolates of YOUR choosing.

She quotes - You can load it with nothing but your single favourite kind if you want. And I do want, but I must stand firm. Otherwise, this is the beginning of the end!
For life is not a box of your single favourite chocolate - it’s a grim journey through an assortment of hard centres, nutty abominations and only the occasional bright strawberry or orange creme to leaven it.

This is the lesson Christmas tins teach us! Anything else is redolent of serious spiritual and moral decay.

I am surprised at John Lewis, the nation’s secular church, for leading us down this dark and fetid path.

Unquote

Okay, I confess, I root the tin to get at those lovely green wrapped Coconut chocs, I also confess to taking two or three of them at the same time in case someone else decides my choccy is also their favourite or even worse, someone who couldn’t care less what choc they choose, picks up one of my favourites without even bother to look! Groan, that is a crime as far as I am concerned. They should be made to eat a whole tin of Coffee Cremes as punishment.

Would you, or are you planning to visit John Lewis and pick out a tin of just your favourite Quality Street? Or do you enjoy rooting for your favourite until they are all gone?

What is your favourite Quality Street Chocolate?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 12:36 PM

Re: Life IS a Box of Chocolates...

SG, My all time favourite is the purple one, followed by the barrel!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 12:46 PM

Morning Art. The Purple one is HWMO's favourite too. Once the Coconuts have all gone (usually down my delicate throat), my next favourite are the Strawberry Creme. Yum.

BREAKING NEWS! Nestle have added a brand new chocolate sweet to tins and tubs of Quality Street this year.
Here it is...

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...d-new-16896446
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Morning Art. The Purple one is HWMO's favourite too. Once the Coconuts have all gone (usually down my delicate throat), my next favourite are the Strawberry Creme. Yum.

BREAKING NEWS! Nestle have added a brand new chocolate sweet to tins and tubs of Quality Street this year.
Here it is...

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...d-new-16896446
SG, The coconut, coffee and the strawberry ones are the ones l don’t like. They are always left in the tin!

I don’t eat Nestle chocolates anymore as they have gone very cheap tasting. The same with their Dairy Box which were my favourite chocolates. They’ve reduced the price and the quality.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 01:08 PM

Balanced Diet Ladies......Balanced Diet.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	78329281_2534353786599753_7584928565611724800_n.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	11157  
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

01-12-2019, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Balanced Diet Ladies......Balanced Diet.
Very good! Roxy.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 01:41 PM

Chocolate isnt my favourite but I always go for the coconut ones followed by the purple ones.... I hate all the soft centres.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 01:51 PM

The green triangular one, is that in the Quality Street or the Roses?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

01-12-2019, 01:52 PM

Have to agree that Nestle wouldn't appreciate a good chocolate flavour if it slapped them in the face. I too used to love Dairy Box chocolate, but not any more, the chocolate tastes so bland.
The way I see it (and this is not intended as an insult to our American posters), if it's American made chocolate, it's not up to standard for our English taste! It's the same with those boxes or packets of lovely Cadbury chocolate money that we used to put on the tree. There was always a unique taste and smell from that chocolate when you unwrapped the wrapper, not any more, they taste horrible and don't bother to get them anymore, much to the disappointment of the grandchildren. Again, the American interference with the recipe of our once favourite lovely Cadbury's chocolate. SIGH!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 05:00 PM

I don't like chocolate anymore. Toblerone used to be my favourite until the Mondelez mob took over - now it just tastes disgusting.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top