Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 11:03 AM

Re: A seasonal question.

I post two cards to my grandchildren the rest to neighbours I hand deliver . I prefer to have friends round for a meal rather than give cards.

Presants are for grandchildren . A small gift for son and daughter only .
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 11:55 AM

Completely off-topic and nothing to do with the price of stamps, This thread made me smile when it suddenly brought back memories of my darling old Dad at Christmas.

After we sadly lost Mum, who always put a lot of thought into what to buy as Christmas gifts for my six brothers and six sis-in-laws, (all living locally) it then fell on him alone to buy them a gift. I suggested many useful or nice things to buy, but being the big, strong (always leave it to Mum) Irish man he was, said nothing.

Guaranteed, even though I constantly had to keep reminding him that he had yet to think of something to get them,I never worried because every year, regular as clockwork, he would leave it until one week before Christmas, take his wallet out, give me some money and say, Mary, get 7 pairs of socks and 7 boxes of Black Magic.

Yes, I was buying my own and HWMO's Christmas gift in that lot! I had to wrap them of course, including my own Box of Black Magic and HWMO's pair of socks and put them under the tree for Christmas Day when all the family would visit throughout the day. Everyone knew exactly what they were getting of course, but we didn't mind in the least, we loved him so much, even though most of us Ladies didn't even like Black Magic Chocolates!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 12:16 PM

I am lucky in a way, because I don't have a big family to buy for.
I haven't even any grandchildren.
If I did have a big family, I would only buy for those nearest and not all their relatives as well.

I do some cards, delivering all the local ones myself, and I appreciate receiving them too.

Yes I know some of you say they are chucked away later and they usually are, but I still like to receive a card and know someone has thought of me, so I like to do the same for others.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I am lucky in a way, because I don't have a big family to buy for.
I haven't even any grandchildren.
If I did have a big family, I would only buy for those nearest and not all their relatives as well.

I do some cards, delivering all the local ones myself, and I appreciate receiving them too.

Yes I know some of you say they are chucked away later and they usually are, but I still like to receive a card and know someone has thought of me, so I like to do the same for others.
I agree Mups, it's nice to receive a card from friends and neighbours just to let you know they are there and thinking of you. There have been many messages written inside some cards over the years, some good, and some not so good, especially from holiday acquaintances who having met only once still send a card at Christmastime....note to self:- I must go and visit them next year!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 05:17 PM

I usually use the backs of old Christmas cards as shopping lists, or cut up the nice fronts with serrated scissors to use as Christmas present gift tags.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
You just sorted my sister's Christmas present Arty...thanks

I don't send many by post anymore...hand deliver and modern technology have taken over .
summer, That’s me doing my best to up the Royal Mail’s Christmas revenue!
I hope your sister appreciates the stamps as much as l do!
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 05:33 PM

Choosing Christmas cards, then deciding who should receive the right one with the right sentiment inside is one of my favorite tasks to start my Christmas season off. An evening set aside for addressing them, with a glass of wine, and having fond thoughts of friends I have made over the years is....my idea of the magic in Christmas.

I enjoy writing a small note wishing them a wonderful holiday and sending my love and hugs tucked in.

Call me mushy, but I like receiving a card as well. From all over the world...
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 05:52 PM

People still do Christmas cards? Hell no. It's a waste of time, money and paper. I do maybe 6 cards at Christmas and that's for immediate family and we just swap with each other when we see each other. My mother and her friends post several dozen each to various people which I think is hilarious. They haven't seen 80%+ of the recipients in years.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
Choosing Christmas cards, then deciding who should receive the right one with the right sentiment inside is one of my favorite tasks to start my Christmas season off. An evening set aside for addressing them, with a glass of wine, and having fond thoughts of friends I have made over the years is....my idea of the magic in Christmas.

I enjoy writing a small note wishing them a wonderful holiday and sending my love and hugs tucked in.

Magic - isn't it?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->

You're my kind of woman Right Now...... Merry Christmas x

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top