Join for free
Page 15 of 21 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 10:36 PM

Re: barnier the begging clown

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
As I explained to you in Post 62 of the thread "Barnier caves in over Fishing"

Boris has absolutely no intention of attempting to take back the foreign fishing boats, and the imminent threat of courts, Instead he is going to make it MUCH harder for you in other ways as he knows there will be many who will not play by the fair rules. So, every boat will have to first have economic ties with British Ports, i.e you will land 60% of your catch there to enable British fishing communities to gain, and 60% of your crew will have to be British in order to be allowed to fish in our waters.
So please stop with the gloating over foreign owned vessels. There are ways and means of really hurting your fishing fleets if we so wish without buying back one of them!

In view of the insufficient processing capacity, and the time it takes to expand on the presently available, vessels to land more in the UK, only means for it to be trucked out of the country, which provides you with landing dues and truck pollution, I would call boris a bigger fool than I believed possible. You fall for his fairy tales. Wow, shroppy, is you in for a hard deal!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
In view of the insufficient processing capacity, and the time it takes to expand on the presently available, vessels to land more in the UK, only means for it to be trucked out of the country, which provides you with landing dues and truck pollution, I would call boris a bigger fool than I believed possible. You fall for his fairy tales. Wow, shroppy, is you in for a hard deal!

Just increase no take zones

Simples
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Solasch, let me explain it in simple terms. British waters return to British control on 1st January at 00.01 minute past midnight. All of your pathetic threats and demands will not change that fact.

You never give your view on how you would feel if the same betrayal had been heaped upon your fishing fleets in the Netherlands. All we ever seem to read is your mockery and more threats. It would be interesting to know if your reaction would be any different to ours and our Government. I would be interested to have your view.
It's very simple, the water returns to the UK and the fish in it too. But the right to catch the fish has been sold by the english for a measly amount of money.

If the dutch had done the same I would have called it equally stupid. I wouldn't blame the buyers who made a clever investment and bided their time, but the sellers who went for the short term gain. But to look this way in self criticism takes courage, which you obviously lack.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

08-06-2020, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Just increase no take zones

Simples
If it is that simpel, why all the fuss by the british?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 08:45 AM

What I just don't get is why our Continental members on here are so concerned about our decision to leave the EU. Surely it is going to cause enough problems in their own countries, what with the huge tax rises they will incur when we actually finish with our payments. That is what would really worry me if I lived over there.

What they don't seem to be able to grasp is that we are an island race built up on our own independence and have an inborn hatred of being ruled by another country. Many have tried in the not so distant past and all failed yet they just have this irrestible itch to control the UK.

All I can think or be led to believe how unhappy they must be in the way they are controlled by a multi country government who dictates over them and have no control of how their country is run.

I suppose we should feel sorry for them being left with no proper government of their own, not even allowed to have their own currency, that was taken away from them as well
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
What I just don't get is why our Continental members on here are so concerned about our decision to leave the EU. Surely it is going to cause enough problems in their own countries, what with the huge tax rises they will incur when we actually finish with our payments. That is what would really worry me if I lived over there.

What they don't seem to be able to grasp is that we are an island race built up on our own independence and have an inborn hatred of being ruled by another country. Many have tried in the not so distant past and all failed yet they just have this irrestible itch to control the UK.

All I can think or be led to believe how unhappy they must be in the way they are controlled by a multi country government who dictates over them and have no control of how their country is run.

I suppose we should feel sorry for them being left with no proper government of their own, not even allowed to have their own currency, that was taken away from them as well
We are leaving, what the EU does is up to them.

There will be a financial impact on the EU but also a Financial Impact on the UK.

It all depends on our Political Masters.
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 09:56 AM

I think You are completely right. If one has never lived his entire life on an island then it must be difficult if not possible to estimate what it feels like being ruled by someone.

There is no itch to control an EU member (and former members also) state in the EU I am afraid. When a country enters the club then it accepts the rules. That is it.

Who forced the UK into the EU when they entered the club? I do not remember. In our books they say that the UK joined voluntarily. They must be lying.

Can You tell me who is this "EU" force that has taken control over 26 countries and their governments?

Please, do not answer this, I am pulling Your leg.

Just do not bother if some EU people are concerned about UKs future. It is great that You can be happy to be looking into a bright future and I do not mean this ironically.

Unleash UKs potential, cheers, to the future
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 10:19 AM

Yep !

They have a lot to lose, that's why

In the case of the Netherlands and other countries occupied by Germany in the 2nd World War, they always saw us as the member state that would stick up for them and keep them safe if Germany ever tried to invade them again. Now we have left the EU they feel their security has gone too, hence the constant sneers about trade and fishing etc. They will say anything to skirt round the edges of the real problem they have.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 10:31 AM

So true Realspeed, well said!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
David frost is not a elected politician, he gets his briefings from boris and cummings. Barnier gets his from EU politicians.
By extension boris is untrustworthy, frost is just his marionet.
Really? The British view is that the EU has met its match in Boris and Frost and you are bricking it!

And on the matter of fishing, If you are so sure about your intent and ability as a powerful bloc!!! to be able to hoist your jolly roger flags on your iniquitious factory ships and use acts of piracy to rule the waves in British waters after midnight on December 31st, then why is it that your own Netherlands fishermen continue to plead with Britain not to change the fishing system currently in place, to avoid it having the most devastating impact on your country’s fishing industry and all its associated businesses?

Even so, let me first say that although every British person has the right to be bitter about what was committed against our fishing industry and thousands associated with it by both the EU and our own B…...ds in charge at the time, no-one would ever want any fishermen from any European country to suffer hardship due to Brexit.They are after all, hardworking people doing a tough job to earn a living. They are certainly not responsible for the iniquitous CFP However, they ARE part of this problem, and the sooner they accept that we now hold all the cards and this problem is going to be resolved our way, the sooner fishing can continue in January, but on our terms as owners of said waters.

To be honest, Instead of the pointless continuing poking of Barnier and Co in the back to play hardball with Britain, member states should really get their heads out of you know where and realise that the clock is ticking and nothing is going to change in our decision to take back control of our seas. All the threats in the world won’t change that fact.
Any sensible member state where the fishing industry plays an important part of their economy, should by now at this late stage, be preparing for the inevitable conclusion of their free access to our waters.
It just isn’t going to continue after December, and the continuing threats of EU fishermen fighting on British waters because of their ‘rights’ means absolutely nothing. Do you really believe that Britain hasn’t been quietly increasing our maritime defences to avoid another Icelandic type ‘’cod wars’’? You are very foolish if you think otherwise.

It really is time the EU and member states accept reality. The reality being that which Boris is telling you in no uncertain terms.-
We’ve left, we’re gone, and we are taking our waters with us. End of!.

Page 15 of 21 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top