Join for free
Page 37 of 38 « First < 27 35 36 37 38 >
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 11:25 PM

Re: Breast feeding in public

Why not, it's natural? Be discreet if possible but if it's not possible just do it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Fair enough. The ones I cannot stand are those who do it while sitting in restaurants, trains, buses, parks etc., in full public view. It is so unnecessary. All it needs is for milk to be expressed and carried in a bottle.
What ?
Take the milk from a breast that nature ( or God take your pick ) designed to provide nourishment to a yong child at the optima the temperature and germ free in the close and warm proximity of his mother and stick it in a grimy hard bottle so as not to offend people on buses ?
What is offensive about feeding a baby?
That's what mammals do.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
why do womens breasts have to be discreet?? - I see many men walking on the beach exposing their breasts and some of the oldies are quite pendulous!

Too right makes one feel quite queasy
Cover up blokes and no wife beaters please!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 11:42 PM

No sorry ... its natural and its about time women were not made to feel uneasy feeding their child. It can be done discreetly but it should not be hidden.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

27-10-2015, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
have a chinese mate of mine now in HK who pays a visit to his 'wet nurse' who breast fed him because his own mother couldn't produce milk - I met her on a visit to the mainland with him and they were very emotional together and he brought her some gold gifts!
My husband was breast fed as a child his mother also breast fed another child whose mother had no milk a true foster sister .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

27-10-2015, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
When you see a baby being fed it's nothing but a beautiful picture, publicly or privately.
When you see an adult feeding him/herself it can be quite a disgusting picture. No points for guessing which I prefer.
I agree
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

27-10-2015, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Round and round and round we go!

Discretion rules OK, on that we all seem to agree.

I personally don't give a monkey's whether Mum's idea of discretion is sitting in a corner, staying at home, sitting quietly on a park bench, sitting in the car, having a coffee with friends and turning away from public gaze, covering up with a shawl or bit of cloth, putting a sack on your head, whatever your idea of discretion might be just flipping well get on with it and FEED THAT BABY!
And if any one objects then tough titty!
One hopes not for the babys sake
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

28-10-2015, 12:00 AM

I agree with the last two posts .
I breast fed all of my three children .
I don't see the problem the babys head covers the breast unless you are ginormous and even then the breast is usually covered by a tee shirt or a shirt what is there to see ?
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 03:47 AM

I would also ask the people offended...would you rather have an infant screaming it's little head off while Mommy prepares a bottle or finds an out of sight place to nurse...or baby gets fed and falls asleep, peace out for everyone involved. Really...sexualizing a body part meant to provide nourishment, gimme a break.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What ?
Take the milk from a breast that nature ( or God take your pick ) designed to provide nourishment to a yong child at the optima the temperature and germ free in the close and warm proximity of his mother and stick it in a grimy hard bottle so as not to offend people on buses ?
What is offensive about feeding a baby?
That's what mammals do.
Excellent point !

And just after I've had a go at Muddy in another thread. Damn !

Page 37 of 38 « First < 27 35 36 37 38 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top