Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2010, 10:40 AM

Re: Devastating News About My Lovely Sadie

Sorry to read this Wanda, . . we all do our best for them don't we, . . I wish her and yourself all the best.
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2010, 11:20 AM

A sad time for you - But be strong for lovely Sadie & enjoy her coming days with you, make more good memories for you both.
Thinking of you x
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2010, 05:03 PM

So very sad Wanda, I'm very sorry to hear this news. Keep strong for her with the time you have left. Thinking of you.

Alison x
Wanda
High Peak, Derbyshire, UK
Wanda is female  Wanda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2010, 09:32 PM

Thank you all so much for your kind words.

Brought her back from Vet this evening after her 24 hour session on drip to flush out toxins. She has had her tea and is now cuddled up to me on settee as I write this.

Lots more visits to Vet to come I am afraid - starting with tomorrow morning when she has to have another blood test.

She seems quite comfortable in herself at the moment.
Wanda
Wanda is female  Wanda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2010, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
I'm so sorry to hear this.
Are these secondaries from a cancer which cost her her leg, or was that lost in an accident?

x
No dinahsmum, her previous owner kicked her, broke her leg and then didn't bother taking her to the vet until it was too late to save her leg. He only took her then because the neighbous complained about her constant cries of pain (he kept her tied up outside with a cardboard box for a bed). Then, because he didn't want to pay the vet for the amputation, he didn't take her back to have the stitches out, so when I got her, three/four months after the amputation, the stitches were still in situ, with the flesh growing round them, very, very tight and very, very uncomfortable.

Some people are such charmers are they not?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2010, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Wanda ->
No dinahsmum, her previous owner kicked her, broke her leg and then didn't bother taking her to the vet until it was too late to save her leg. He only took her then because the neighbous complained about her constant cries of pain (he kept her tied up outside with a cardboard box for a bed). Then, because he didn't want to pay the vet for the amputation, he didn't take her back to have the stitches out, so when I got her, three/four months after the amputation, the stitches were still in situ, with the flesh growing round them, very, very tight and very, very uncomfortable.

That's absolutely awful, Wanda ......poor, poor little girl

Please give her a gentle cuddle from me tonight...
LadyBird
Lecce . Italia
LadyBird is female 

22-02-2010, 04:28 PM

I am so sorry to hear about Sadie,it is indeed heartbreaking,I do hope you have a lot longer together than you might think.
What a dreadful thing about her leg,I hope her former owner gets his comeuppence!
I had a little girl with three legs,she used to run like the wind! Amazing aren't they! Sadly I lost her last year to gastroenteritis.
Gentle hugs for Sadie xx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2010, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Wanda ->

Wanda I wanted to ask how she lost her leg and now I know I feel so angry. I am also terribly sad to read the news in your OP and I hope and pray that the vets can find some way to increase her life span and I know you'll see she doesn't suffer. I admire those who take on a rescue. How long have you had her?
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2010, 09:31 PM

You have saved her once and if it weren`t for that she wouldn`t be surrounded by love now. I hope the days she has left are happy ones.
x
Wanda

22-02-2010, 09:36 PM

Losos, I have had Sadie for 10 years now. Not too sure how old she is, as her condition was quite poor when I got her, but the vet seemed to think she was two or three years old.

She is such a gentle, loving little lady. How anyone could have hurt her, I just don't know.

It will break my heart when I lose her, but these years I have had her company make up for the pain at the end.

All my animals tend to be rescues - they sort of find me!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top