Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 06:13 PM

It seems the CD player is on its way out

the CD player, once fitted as standard, is now on the options list, more manufacturers are doing away with them, relying on phones connecting to your car, and linking through apple car play or android auto, most of us will remember CD players replacing the cassette, and marvelling at how the CD never jumped when you went over a bump, even if you specify a CD player most are now fitted in the glovebox
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 06:15 PM

Re: It seems the CD player is on its way out

I knew there was a reason for my not buying a new car!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 06:20 PM

I still have a car with a cassette player in the garage, but the new motor has Wi-fi and Bluetooth which I haven't a clue about, granddaughter 14 is going to give me lessons.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 06:30 PM

I have the standard Bose CD/Radio in my car...but it has the Bluetooth and IPod connectivity doofer built in.

|Very rarely do I use the CD part.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 06:48 PM

Don't think we've ever used our CD player either
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 03:34 AM

I still use my CD player as I record my faves onto 'extended' CDs via the MP3 format, enabling me to have 99 tracks or roughly a week's worth of songs per disc, then I wipe it.
Alternatively, I'll listen to BBC6 Music on the DAB radio.
No interest in Bluetooth.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 03:54 AM

I am surprised it has lasted this long. I haven't played a CD or DVD for years in the house and the CD in my car is only really used for MP3s and Audio book MP3s

Even that is totally necessary as the car has bluetooth and a USB input so it could play the same stuff from my phone an MP3 player or even a HDD.
Franbern
London
Franbern is female  Franbern has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 02:01 PM

On long journeys I enjoy listening to talking books. Have still so many of these on cassette, which I can no longer use in the car. Have now got quite a few on CD. No idea how to play such things from my phone or anything else.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 02:07 PM

Why even bother with a CD or anything else in a car. My wife gives a running commentary on not only where we are passing but which way to turn and how bad my driving is. No time to listen to CD's or anything else. Should we pass anything interesting that is at least half an hour of talk time by her.
The main thing she goes on about is "How far before we stop for the loo" that is before we have even left the house. Its got so bad I am thinking of hanging a small bucket in the well of the passenger seat for her
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 04:18 PM

Eight track anyone ?

Commiserations RS, Despite informing Mrs Dobra that the driver is legally responsible for decisions, she does insist that I need directions and "turn left" type commands....

CD rarely used.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top