Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 01:38 PM

Re: Brexit Options

"Do nothing" is always an option for scenario planning. It's only vanity that would keep it off the list.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 01:55 PM

How about an extra choice. "Hang the Traitors of Brexit".
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 02:00 PM

I'm afraid it really doesn't matter a jot what we here think should happen, the government will do what the hell it likes.

They seem oblivious to what is likely to happen afterwards, though.

The next GE is in 2022, or possibly earlier. I know that I will not forget what is happening right now, in three years' time and I'm sure I'm not alone.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm afraid it really doesn't matter a jot what we here think should happen, the government will do what the hell it likes.

They seem oblivious to what is likely to happen afterwards, though.

The next GE is in 2022, or possibly earlier. I know that I will not forget what is happening right now, in three years' time and I'm sure I'm not alone.
You certainly are not JBR , I am 100% behind you .
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 02:13 PM

You certainly are not JBR. For starters, Corbyn has cooked his own goose! There will never be the fear of him ever getting into government now that he has publicly broken his manifesto promise to the working people of this country, just to save his own skin! This piece of flotsom is a traitor!.

As for the Tory MP's betraying their own constituents who voted to Leave, by taking away the bargaining chip of no deal from Theresa May, trying to get a 2nd referendum or a delay to Article 50, The people of this country will never forget! Treacherous MP's may be sitting on their backsides at the moment, enjoying the show and thinking they have it all their own way, but if I were in their shoes, I would make the most of their 15 minutes of fame, because there is no way in hell will they ever be elected again.

Hope the Job Centres are gearing up in 2022. There will be plenty of applicants.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
You certainly are not JBR , I am 100% behind you .
Are you sure you'd rather not be in front of me?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 02:59 PM

Hi

A Long Term Labour, I cannot and will not vote Labour as long as Corbyn is leader.

I cannot and will not Vote Conservative as I am completely opposed to the mess they have made of Brexit.

I will not vote Liberal Democrat or Green because of their stupid Immigration Policies.

I am still a Porp, so restricted.

I can, and will however, pay the deposit for a Leave EU Independent Candidate.

I can afford to and the money is far better spent on that than my next holiday.

I have no objections whatsoever to the EU as Free Trade Area.

I have every objection to the EU as a Single Political Unit.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 03:38 PM

If the current MPs worked for me I would sack the lot along with special adviser Olly Robbins who broke the cardinal rule and discussed private business in public .

Whenever I hear constituents up and down the country (with the exception of London) being interviewed 9 out of 10 say for heaven's sake get on with it. Many MPs seem totally oblivious to this.

Options now with a view to preventing even more delay and uncertainty for the economy bearing in mind No deal will never get through parliament...

...Mays deal with additional detail on the backstop,
...A new Tory Leave orientated leader to carry on the negotiations.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

04-03-2019, 02:26 AM

Sorry. Been in Austria until this evening, so just catching up.

I would not vote for any of our present politicians, nor any current political party for the reasons given by SF.

I just hope that Nigel Farage gets his act together and launches his Brexit party in good time for the next general election, because that would be the only party I could, in all conscience, vote for.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2019, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
How about an extra choice. "Hang the Traitors of Brexit".
The true face of lievers surfaces.

In case you didn’t know, the right of free speech and peaceful opposition is a right in this country. We do not yet live in the alt right nightmare you seem to yearn for.

You and those of similar sentiment are one of the reasons many do not agree with Brexit.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top