Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2010, 05:48 PM

Re: The Christmas tree.

Thanks! That was Sultan, my Aby, and Misty, my first blue torbie, back in the late 80s. The creche is behind her; hard to see.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2010, 11:26 AM

I don't have a Christmas tree these days.

When I was a little girl growing up in Derbyshire we used to go across the fields on Christmas eve with my uncle to choose a holly tree to cut as our Christmas three .
The holly tree used to look spectacular when decorated with real candles at the end of the branches reflecting their glow in the shiny leaves...
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2010, 12:20 PM

Now a holly tree sounds wonderful Meg. All dark green shiny leaves, that would look fantastic, I might try that next year as we have loads of it in the woods near us (sawn off under the cover of darkness of course).
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2010, 03:59 PM

Last year I dispensed with the tree. I have always had the job of decorating it, something I never particularly enjoyed. My husband insisted on a real tree and I used to still be picking the needles out of the carpet in April. I don't like too many decorations either just a few in the lounge, which will come down next week before New Year.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2010, 05:26 PM

Last year I thought we would have a change, so I found some shapely bare branches from a large tree , sprayed them and then decoratred them as I would with a Christmas tree. I thought I was being artistic, but everyone laughed at it, so I have gone back to a "real" Christmas tree this year.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2010, 07:03 PM

I know the feeling Aerolor, I fancied a real tree last year after years of fake ones so I trotted off to tescos and bought a real one in a net (big mistake!). I planted it in a pot, decorated it and tended it like a baby - it grew out sideways like a flipping bonsai tree! It grew wider than its height and everyone laughed, I felt so sorry for it I made my husband plant it in the garden, then the poor thing died anyway. So started all over again with a fake because all the real ones were sold out. What a performance!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2010, 09:41 PM

Areolovr, I did that once years ago: spray-painted some very decorative bare branches silver and added ornaments. I thought it was lovely and creative, but all my friends hated it ...
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2010, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Areolovr, I did that once years ago: spray-painted some very decorative bare branches silver and added ornaments. I thought it was lovely and creative, but all my friends hated it ...
So did I DM - some people have not got our good taste
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

21-12-2010, 11:14 PM

I love my big cluttered Christmas tree. My grandchildren decorate it and its all higgledy piggledy but I love it.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

21-12-2010, 11:26 PM

i know what you mean Mazzie - it took all morning for me to decorate the tree with my eldest grandson (4 yrs) and everything went on it. It has a lot of chocolate decorations on and he can't keep away from it.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top