Join for free
Page 77 of 190 « First < 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 177 > Last »
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 03:46 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

I'm still finding your blog interesting OGF but don't always comment ... keep up the good work

They were discussing "The Time of their Lives" on TV last night ... looks as if it will be a film I will enjoy
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 05:28 PM

Although I've managed a couple of faster sessions it's not going all that smoothly. I'm still struggling with stiff lower back and buttock muscles following a run. Fortunately, it has subsided by the time of my next run but I'm not getting into the 'Zone' - A sort of warp drive for runners, when there is no pain or tiredness and you feel that you could go on forever, and necessary for running long distances. So at the moment I'm not feeling the love...........It's looking like I'm going to have to enlist the services of a good Physio....
All in all it sounds like you have made an excellent comeback Bob considering how you were a few weeks ago .
Don't overdo it ...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 05:53 PM

Hi

I like Bob's Bits, he got me out walking again, I feel so much better now.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 10:52 AM

Thanks Myrtle, Meg and Swim, sit yourselves down and I'll 'Put Kettle on' ....

Enjoyed the film Myrtle, but if you go and see it don't expect too much. It's a bit 'tongue in cheek' but it keeps you interested wondering what will happen next. I consider going to the cinema at Meadowhall a 'Package' I love the drive there, and I enjoy lunch although it's usually a sandwich from Subway and cardboard cup of tea, and then watching the film on the big screen picking out what next to see while watching the trailers.

It's shopping day today, but with the sun shining through the window I'm going to try and get home for midday, whack on me shorts, and go for a walk over the Humber Bridge.....Haven't done that one for a while.....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 02:53 PM

Enjoy your walk Bob, give your running legs a break for today...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 05:33 PM

Thanks Mags it made a nice change....
Here's a couple of photos taken on my crossing....

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 11:09 PM

Great pics Bob, you picked a super day for your walk
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

16-03-2017, 11:39 AM

Thanks Mags, and it's looking like more of the same today.....
Had another good run this morning and although it was a record time for this year I'm afraid it won't count. I cross four canal bridges on my eight mile run, and the second one was just lifting up. There is this mighty ship [well it looks mighty on the canal] and it takes oil from Hull to Sheffield on a regular basis. It's called Exon Pride and it's one of two [Humber Princess the other one] that make the journey perhaps twice a week.

So after a stop of around two or three minutes I started the watch again and set off, trouble is, it goes the same way as me, and it goes in a straight line, whereas I have to follow the winding road which takes me to the next bridge. Was a time when I could beat it, but not this morning. But at least I got another rest, but means the time is invalid......No stopping, that's one of my strictest rules....

Just an interesting point though, as it passes you can feel the vibration of the massive engines and you can hear them long before you can see the ship. What I would give to have a squint at those engines.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

16-03-2017, 06:23 PM

Had a run out to Hornsea today, there I was in me tee shirt and shorts and it looked like this when we arrived....A very cold breeze almost froze me bits off.....Brrrrrrrrrrrr...I think it was still closed for the winter....

The day wasn't wasted though, called in at this very nice Garden Centre just outside Beverley for tea and cake.....

myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 06:26 PM

So it was almost "Bob with no Bits"?

Page 77 of 190 « First < 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 177 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top