Join for free
Page 39 of 50 « First < 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 12:32 PM

Re: Covid new strain.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Well after hearing some stories about a couple of people I know it has made me very worried about going out at all. A friend who is extremely careful because of her disabled child contracted covid despite wearing all the PPE and just because she bought one take away coffee. She hasn't been visiting friends or hanging out in a crowd. There was a similar story about a friend of a friend who again contracted it after hardly any contact yet they have the new strain. This was after going to have a flu shot at the GPs. A 2 minute in-out job and the only possible source of contact.

So be careful out there. This is why the NHS is straining. A lot of the staff are getting sick too so that is adding to the strain. I've been seeing ambulances everywhere including a lot of private ones. I guess the NHS ones are full of patients that cannot get in the door. This new strain is extremely contagious. There must be an awful lot going on behind the scenes which we are not hearing about because it's being drowned out by the other headlines.
I had read a report that suggested that the ordinary flu jab made you more susceptible to catching Covid Annie...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->

Saw this group live, went back to their dressing room, just for a chat,.they were naughty boys,....

They were boo boo off stage in Elgin Scotland.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I had read a report that suggested that the ordinary flu jab made you more susceptible to catching Covid Annie...
And there have been reports suggesting the exact opposite Foxy.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
In this case the flu jab did give him covid because it was the only mixing this guy had done throughout. They had to queue outside and people were too close together.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 06:45 PM

In my opinion, one of the biggest reasons why I believe the virus keeps on spreading is that people a) those that wear a mask do not wear it properly and b) they touch things out in public and do not use hand sanitiser before they touch stuff and do not immediately wash their hands when they get back home.

Regarding masks, it's beggars belief the amount of people I see wearing a mask but is only covering their mouth. Medical experts have been stating and keep on stating that the quickest way to catch the virus is via the nose hence why when wearing a mask is should cover both the mouth and nose and be a snug fit to the face.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 06:54 PM

In this case the flu jab did give him covid because it was the only mixing this guy had done throughout. They had to queue outside and people were too close together.
So this "guy" hasn't bought anything to eat or drink "throughout" then, and hasn't opened any packaging?
Also wasn't he wasn't wearing a face covering when these people were "too close together" when he was getting his jab and otherwise practising good hygiene and other personal measures in order to minimise his personal risk?

Having had the vaccine might have increased his risk a little but neither you nor anybody else can state with any degree of certainty where his infection originated.

It's hypocritical of you to deny the probability of where the new strain originated when you're quick here to suggest a less-likely possibility as being the definite cause for infection.
This "guy" could have been exposed to the virus anywhere, from food packaging within his own home up to and including on his journey to and from receiving the vaccine.

You do not know where he was exposed to the virus so don't say that "the flu jab did give him covid" because that simply is not true.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 09:36 PM

You think they are making all this fuss because the variant isn't extremely contagious?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

01-01-2021, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->

You do not know where he was exposed to the virus so don't say that "the flu jab did give him covid" because that simply is not true.
Has anyone here suggested that the flu jab gives you covid?
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 11:47 AM

Has anyone here suggested that the flu jab gives you covid?
Yes.
You.
Just a few posts above mine earlier.

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

02-01-2021, 12:33 PM

I see you missed the tongue in cheek status of that comment....

Page 39 of 50 « First < 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top