Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 03:12 AM

Re: Referendum related posts from the Joe Cox thread.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
[/B]

Yes I agree, if you left Britain to permanently live abroad then you have no right to vote on issues that would influence those who live in Britain. I don't have issues with anyone wanting to live in a more favourable climate or career benefits, but if I had left these shores I would feel like a hypocrite if I was allowed to vote on the referendum.
What about the Britons that live in Spain or France because Britain is in the EU surely they should be allowed to vote?

I can understand some one like me who has lived overseas for nearly 50 years not voting because I have absolutely no interest in the result but Britons living in Europe have a big stake in the result.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 03:17 AM

Some can vote Bruce, i believe you cant if you have lived abroad more than 15 years. Gibraltar voted to remain. Votes very close at the moment, leave has 50.8 % but changing back and forth.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Some can vote Bruce, i believe you cant if you have lived abroad more than 15 years. Gibraltar voted to remain. Votes very close at the moment, leave has 50.8 % but changing back and forth.
According to the news here 51.6% have voted to leave.

Scotland and Northern Ireland voted to remain. I wonder if Scotland regrets staying in the UK?

The £ has plunged I might be able to come over for another holiday.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top