Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 05:05 PM

Re: Anybody Doing Owt?

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
LOL! I'll either be in bed myself or in the hospital ... going to the ER later today because of pain and fatigue .......
Eileen I'm really sorry you're still in a lot of pain. You must be tired out by now.

This year I shall open the back door at the first stroke of midnight, then open the front door before the last stroke sounds.

Mum or dad used to go out of the back door with a lump of coal at midnight and bring it back in for the New Year. It's too dark for me to do that, so it'll be an open and shut case this year.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 05:07 PM

We will be spending New Year's Eve quietly at home, I'm not one for crowds! We will most likely stay up to see the New Year in when usually my son and daughter phone. Then it's tucked in nice and snug in bed...
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 05:10 PM

OK Eileen, it must be very painful if you are thinking of going to the hospital. I do hope you will be OK and they can give you something to make you feel better and you are back home again by this evening. Keeping my fingers crossed for you over here.
Mary x
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 05:15 PM

Oh dear Eileen, I do hope everything will be alright and I hope it won't require a stay in hospital.

If you are indisposed for a while (fingers crossed it won't come to that) , maybe Chris or Carolyn would be kind enough to email me?

Thinking of you x
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 05:34 PM

I'll be out having a couple? of pints.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 05:39 PM

At the Club, Jimmy? Are they still charging to get into the pubs in our area?
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 05:46 PM

Some of the pubs don't charge Mollie, and the clubs sell tickets, but they don't sell all of them, so you can pay at the door, it was free once, but it was that millineum what started it all off.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

31-12-2011, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
Some of the pubs don't charge Mollie, and the clubs sell tickets, but they don't sell all of them, so you can pay at the door, it was free once, but it was that millineum what started it all off.
Yes, I remember that, Jimmy. I know the Club doesn't always sell tickets either, but that became a bone of contention for those people who had paid, then folk were sloping in through the little room.

Anyway, that's by the by. Hope you enjoy yourself tonight, and say hello to Colin (compere) for me please if you see him.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2011, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
I will be going down to the quay to see the fireworks go off over the sea and the flotilla of boats all lit up. Only because the kiddies want to go and we are childminding. Otherwise it would have been Jools Holland here too.
Well that's a damp squib! It's not on tonight! Every year this is on and now this year they've stopped it. So ....... we are all staying in and will go to the quay tomorrow morning to watch the Poole Pirates do their funny bath race instead. Kiddies will love that, they all teach the children to talk 'pirate speak' and all the baths sink. (good I can stay warm tonight).
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

31-12-2011, 06:59 PM

Aw, that's a shame, Mary.

Still, the pirate thing sounds really good for the kiddies, so hope it's not blowing a gale or raining too hard.

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top