Join for free
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 08:48 AM

Radio controlled toys

No sooner has the Lockdown started to ease off, and kids started to go back to school than they're off again for the summer holidays

Now my two Grandsons, aged 5 & 7 are at home again
I get the impression that they, and their parents (my daughter & SIL) are already getting a bit fed up and running out of ideas, having already had three months or so of this

I thought I would get them a radio controlled toy car or tank; either one between them or one each, depending on the price
The problem is that I don't know much about them
It seems that the prices vary between just over £10 to several hundred pounds

My initial thoughts are to get a couple of fairly cheap ones and see how they get on with those, then get something more advanced and expensive when they are older

Apart from that, I don't really have any ideas - have you any comments or suggestions, please?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 09:32 AM

Re: Radio controlled toys

Sounds like an excellent idea to me - no doubt their Dad will enjoy joining in as well!
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 10:42 AM

I would suggest that you get them one each of RC cars, so that they can race each other. As you said there are cheap or expensive.
Don’t be tempted to get them airplanes, as they will not last long in the hands of the inexperienced.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 03:45 PM

RC cars are good fun. Just be aware that if you get them both the same models, the remotes may be able to control both cars.

It happened to us a good few years ago when my son got one for Christmas and the boy two doors away got one the same. My son couldn't understand why his car was moving when he hadn't touched the remote.

That said, it was a good few years ago and things may have improved!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top