Join for free
Page 387 of 505 « First < 287 337 377 385 386 387 388 389 397 437 487 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 05:55 PM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
A friend's daughter is suffering in the same way. She is 28 was perfectly healthy and with no underlying conditions yet cannot recover after months. With something that can cause this level of damage to the body there are so many unanswered questions on the long term effects once it's in the system. Time will tell whether it becomes latent like some of the other nasty viruses around.
My daughter is going through the same symptoms. A continual cough that is affecting her breathing, a tiredness that is so bad she is unable to lift her arms at times. For the past two weeks she has been in contact with her doctor, he prescribed her antibiotics which didn't do any good at all so he sent her to the hospital for a chest x-ray last week. A small shadow was found on one of her lungs so she is having a further 'deeper' x-ray tomorrow and the doctor has arranged a Covid19 antibodies blood test for her this coming Thursday as he thinks there could have been a likelihood of her having had the virus without knowing.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
My daughter is going through the same symptoms. A continual cough that is affecting her breathing, a tiredness that is so bad she is unable to lift her arms at times. For the past two weeks she has been in contact with her doctor, he prescribed her antibiotics which didn't do any good at all so he sent her to the hospital for a chest x-ray last week. A small shadow was found on one of her lungs so she is having a further 'deeper' x-ray tomorrow and the doctor has arranged a Covid19 antibodies blood test for her this coming Thursday as he thinks there could have been a likelihood of her having had the virus without knowing.
A NEW cough that affects your breathing is one of the classic symptoms of Covid.
I hope she's better in time. It is also the case that most recover with treatment; often even without treatment.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2020, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
A NEW cough that affects your breathing is one of the classic symptoms of Covid.
I hope she's better in time. It is also the case that most recover with treatment; often even without treatment.
Thanks JB....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 05:22 AM

Global Cases 13,036,610
Global Deaths 571,575

Australia
Cases 9,980
Deaths 108
Critical 18
Cases per Million 391

UK
Cases 289,603
Deaths 44,819
Critical 185
Cases per Million 4,265

USA
Cases 3,413,995
Deaths 137,782
Critical 15,822
Cases per Million 10,312

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 08:18 AM

The Queensland border has only been open a few days and already some Victorians have tried to sneek in.

A group of people has been fined a total of more than $24,000 after lying on border declaration forms while trying to enter Queensland on Saturday.

Police said the six people had been trying to cross the border in a minivan and told officers they had been working in New South Wales for the past three weeks.

But evidence uncovered on their phones showed the group had in fact been in a coronavirus hotspot in Victoria in the past fortnight.

Each person was fined more than $4,000 and was directed to leave the state immediately.

Police said the group had made an earlier attempt to enter Queensland on July 2 but were turned back.

The driver of the minivan was from Queensland and one of the passengers was from New South Wales.

"Victorians cannot come to Queensland," Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said this morning.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-...ation/12448546
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

13-07-2020, 08:22 AM

A 1,000-strong Australian Defence Force (ADF) contingent will be sent to Victoria to help with the state's coronavirus response.

The deployed ADF members will assist with border checkpoints, testing and enforcing isolation.

The additional support builds on the 350 ADF members already assisting efforts to fight the virus in the state.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Hope she is ok Mags. It must be such a worry for you.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
You have been making these Trump like comments since the beginning of this thread yet you don't even have the qualification of being a TV personality.

There is no vaccine and may never be yet half a million people are dead so far and we have currently no idea of the long term effects on the 12 million who have already contracted the disease.

Anyway how about a few facts:

The Cochrane Instutute (our resident anti vaxxers favourite source) reported

In a sample of 1000 people where 200 people (20%) really have COVID-19, typical of workers in a hospital setting where COVID-19 patients have been treated:

193 people would receive a positive test result but 10 (5%) of those people would not have COVID-19 (known as a false positive result);
807 people would receive a negative test result but 17 (2%) of those people would have COVID-19 (known as false negative result).

So no 40% there
Forgive me for trying to offset the fear mongering tactics of the media and yourself Bruce. You post the figures of infections and deaths religiously every day and frighten most of the members half to death. If the covid doesn't get them the worry will....
TV personalities are not qualified, and neither are you Bruce. They [and you] cherry pick the information and statistics (I know, so do I) but it just goes to show how much conflicting and incorrect information there is.

Yes it's serious, and anyone should have enough sense and knowledge now to know what they must do to stay safe. Checkout the ONS site, nobody died from flu or the usual winter illnesses this year. Don't you at least find that strange? And as for deaths in other countries? Quoting large mortality figures in say Brazil, the US of A or anywhere else, when you have nothing to compare it to; How many of us check the winter mortality figures every year? And since the Covid epidemic, every illness that occurs is now as a result of Covid.

My next door neighbour contracted some kind of flu virus back in 2010, after still experiencing muscle weakness several months later, the doctor explained that a virus can remain in the system for over six months. This probably explains the low recovery figures. There is no silver bullet to treat a virus, it has to take its course and there is nothing anyone can do to prevent that other than try and make the symptoms easier to live with.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 11:46 AM

All the best for your Daughter Mags, and wishing her a speedy recovery....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

13-07-2020, 11:55 AM

Remember Yuppy Flu?
These are some of the symptoms of ME which can become a problem at any time, and was present long before Covid.

The World Health Organisation’s International Classification of Disease currently lists ME as a disorder of the nervous system, under Post-Viral Fatigue Syndrome (Block 93.3, ICD 10th revision, 2007). The 11th Revision (operational from Jan 2022) lists both ME and chronic fatigue syndrome, under Post-viral Fatigue Syndrome (Block 8E49, ICD 11th revision, 2019).

The cardinal symptoms of ME, as described in some of the early literature (see historical aspects and classic papers), are profound, generalised post-exertional loss of muscle power (fatigability); muscle pain that may include tenderness and swelling; and neurological signs. Patients are also prone to relapses which may take the form of recurrences of the original systemic illness, or fresh episodes of muscle weakness, neurologic changes or well-defined cognitive problems. As with many chronic illnesses, fatigue may be present, but in ME patients the fatigue is reported to be post-exertional, often delayed, and quite unlike the ‘fatigue’ experienced by healthy people.

What is ME/CFS?
During the 1990s, the term Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) came into use – see chronic fatigue syndrome for a more detailed description, including various diagnostic classifications.

As there was (and presently remains) no specific diagnostic test for myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME), and as post-exercise ‘fatigue’ was one of its prominent symptoms, people with ME began to be diagnosed with CFS. In recent years, however, there has been a growing recognition that the diagnosis CFS – based on a list of vague non-specific symptoms shared with other illnesses – is so broad that it can encompass a range of diverse patient groups. For this reason, there have been a number of attempts to devise a more sensitive way of diagnosing patients, including the Canadian Clinical working definition of ME/CFS (2003); and the ME: International Consensus Criteria (2011). In the United Kingdom, a clinical guideline for use by GPs was produced by NICE in 2007 (see below). Efforts to clarify diagnosis continue, however, and meanwhile the term ME/CFS is frequently used.

Page 387 of 505 « First < 287 337 377 385 386 387 388 389 397 437 487 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top